2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, dr99 said:

Why is Yuli hitting second?

Because he’s been hot ever since he has hit there. And you can tell he’s hot bc he has a 650 OPS hitting there. It would be a shame if Mancini actually played more than occasionally, but Dusty gonna Dusty, even with COVID. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

would like to see bregman hitting 2nd.  he's never been a cleanup hitter to me.  if yordan isn't going to hit 2nd (he isn't) and uncle mike is still in a wheelchair, then it should be tuve-bregs-yordan-tucker.  i would rather pena hit 2nd over yuli, he'd benefit more from seeing more fastballs.

also if chas is playing, dubon doesn't need to be playing.  too many other good options.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

would like to see bregman hitting 2nd.  he's never been a cleanup hitter to me.  if yordan isn't going to hit 2nd (he isn't) and uncle mike is still in a wheelchair, then it should be tuve-bregs-yordan-tucker.  i would rather pena hit 2nd over yuli, he'd benefit more from seeing more fastballs.

also if chas is playing, dubon doesn't need to be playing.  too many other good options.

Sure. At this point though it’s not about where Yuli is hitting it’s about him being in the lineup period, especially against any RHP. 

Mancini, Diaz and Chas need to play more or less every day. Vazquez should get the majority of starts. If you want to play Yuli against LHP fine. DH Mancini and play Alvarez in LF. 
we are getting to the point where Peña needs to start hitting some or seeing some bench time. Maybe he and a Yuli can split a job (Diaz playing SS when Yuli starts at 1B), but Yuli’s playing time doesn’t need to consign Mancini to the bench. 
It’s getting pretty frustrating. 
just looked it up- Peña 5/39 with almost no walks, for a Meyers-esque 130 or so average. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. At this point though it’s not about where Yuli is hitting it’s about him being in the lineup period, especially against any RHP. 

Mancini, Diaz and Chas need to play more or less every day. Vazquez should get the majority of starts. If you want to play Yuli against LHP fine. DH Mancini and play Alvarez in LF. 
we are getting to the point where Peña needs to start hitting some or seeing some bench time. Maybe he and a Yuli can split a job (Diaz playing SS when Yuli starts at 1B), but Yuli’s playing time doesn’t need to consign Mancini to the bench. 
It’s getting pretty frustrating. 

we have some guys with positional flexibility.  the problem with mancini (unless he just replaces yuli which seems unlikely) is that aledmys diaz is playing really well.  both diaz or mancini could be a marwin type where they're not technically a "starter" but they still start 4-5x a week, just at different positions.

how many teams have multiple players hanging out on their bench with multi-homer games...recently?

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

we have some guys with positional flexibility.  the problem with mancini (unless he just replaces yuli which seems unlikely) is that aledmys diaz is playing really well.  both diaz or mancini could be a marwin type where they're not technically a "starter" but they still start 4-5x a week, just at different positions.

how many teams have multiple players hanging out on their bench with multi-homer games...recently?

I agree on Diaz. He could start playing a lot more for Peña if need be to keep him and Mancini in the lineup. 
in a typical week with 6 games and 1 off day you could do something like:

Yordan- DH- 4, LF- 2

Mancini- DH- 2, 1B- 3

Diaz- LF- 4, SS-2

Yuli- 1B- 3  

Peña- SS-4 

That would have Diaz and Yordan playing everyday, and Mancini playing 5, Peña 4 and Yuli 3. 
I’d be fine with Yuli sitting period, but if you want to play him half the time that’s fine- just do it against LHP. PEÑA seems very worn down. Happens with rookies. Give him lots of time off over the next 6 weeks. 
mid you want to start giving Yordan liberal days off I won’t be mad at that. Dubon can fill in occasionally for him. Chas every day CF. Meyers to AAA. 

10 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Hell if we’re gonna let players play for nostalgic reasons, let’s put Baggy at first and Jose Cruz in the outfield.

BGO BGO BGO. 

• Hook 'Em 1