2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

The Verlander news combined with finding out my wife was pregnant with our first child the next morning is 12 hours that will likely never be topped in my lifetime.

I watched Altuve’s pennant winning homer off Chapman from the hospital room at Texas Women’s while my wife was in labor with our first. He was born the following day so his bday Houston Chronicle has Altuve walking the Yanks off on the front page.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

I watched Altuve’s pennant winning homer off Chapman from the hospital room at Texas Women’s while my wife was in labor with our first. He was born the following day so his bday Houston Chronicle has Altuve walking the Yanks off on the front page.

@huge was in town and we all got so piss drunk that we almost ended up in the hospital, so this hits close to home.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

rangers announcers- When does he( Altuve) get a day off?

LOLz.

Now they're bragging about how Altuve has never taken Perez deep, literally five minutes after he smacked a 2-run double off the wall.  These guys are total aggy, always finding moral victories to talk about with this franchise that has sucked dongs for a decade.

• Haha 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Now they're bragging about how Altuve has never taken Perez deep, literally five minutes after he smacked a 2-run double off the wall.  These guys are total aggy, always finding moral victories to talk about with this franchise that has sucked dongs for a decade.

Yeah, I usually try to listen to the opponents' broadcasters one game per series.  This crew is particularly unicorns and lollipops about their team.

And that lucky bullshit was the most amazing double play that Chin Nuts has evarrrrr seeeeeen.  He literally said, "WOW!!"

I'm not even complaining.  It actually adds to the enjoyment of beating the Rangers over and over and over...

Edited by TexArcher

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

To be fair, Raymond got his education on spewing unicorns and lollipops while watching dogshit from us.

Dolan and Raymond were the worst Astros broadcast tandem in team history. God they were bland, boring, and forgettable. Crane getting rid of them was another winning move on his part. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Dolan and Raymond were the worst Astros broadcast tandem in team history. God they were bland, boring, and forgettable. Crane getting rid of them was another winning move on his part. 

Not only were they bland and boring but their voices were indistinguishable.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1