2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Before y’all jump to conclusions 

0F211B3F-1ACE-4133-89A9-863A7F15AE59.png

Trying Brown in a bullpen/piggyback role? If so, I like it. As the baseball nerds have pointed out upthread, the Astros have to add Brown before September 1 for him to be postseason eligible. The next 3 days are going to be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

One thing I noticed on the Sugar Land box score is that Lew Brlnson is having a heckuva year, slashing .299/.356/.574 with 22 homers and 63 RBIs. Unfortunately, he’s the poster of a  AAAA player. But he’s an outfielder already on the 40-man. Just sayin. 

Hasn’t he had a lot of mlb action and shit the bed repeatedly? 

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s the guy thus my AAAA comment.  He has 1035 MLB ABs, hitting .199 with a .571 OPS. I’m certainly not advocating for him. 

Thought it was the guy but wasn’t positive. 
yeah- 1000 AB’s is, by all accounts, what most development guys believe tell the story of what a guy is. Good for him I guess for sticking around and chasing the dream. 

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thought it was the guy but wasn’t positive. 
yeah- 1000 AB’s is, by all accounts, what most development guys believe tell the story of what a guy is. Good for him I guess for sticking around and chasing the dream. 

He’s 28 and still striking out in 28% of his PAs in AAA. The dude has talent but has never been able to hit well enough to be a legit MLB player. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski