2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I'm very interested to see the 40-man roster moves the next six days or so. I'm sure Hunter Brown will at least see a call up when rosters expand but it's worth noting that he cannot be playoff eligible unless he is added to the 40 man prior to Sept 1......

Edit: nm

yep.

will be an interesting week

Edited by UTexasFight

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I'm very interested to see the 40-man roster moves the next six days or so. I'm sure Hunter Brown will at least see a call up when rosters expand but it's worth noting that he cannot be playoff eligible unless he is added to the 40 man prior to Sept 1......

I’m almost a billion percent sure that’s wrong. You just need to be in The organization by 9/1. We’ve been over this every year for the last 15 or 20 years. Like- if anyone is placed on the DL that was on the 40 they can be replaced by anyone in the org as of 9/1. 
*caveat- they might have changed it back in the last agreement this year- but I don’t think so. 

From cubs site when they still used to go to the playoffs:

Note that the new postseason eligibility rules allow teams to use any player in their organization in the postseason, replacing someone on the active postseason roster, if they so choose. The Royals were the first team to do this, adding Raul Mondesi Jr. (who now goes by Adalberto Mondesi) to their World Series roster in 2015. He became the first player to make his major-league debut in the World Series (he didn’t play in a regular-season game until 2016).

so- if you really wanted Brown on you’d have to put Will Smith on the roster for the playoffs and then designate him, and he’d be one Keira or for the rest of the playoffs the way I read this. 
K-Rod in 2002 was the first guy I remember getting in through this loophole. 

20 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

That playoff bracket doesn’t makes sense. So if the six seed beats the three, the Yankees would get the six seed and we would get 4/5.

The divisional round should be set after the wild card. Lowest remaining seed goes to number 1.

Entire AL hoping to doggie the astros 

the astros …

Come The Rock GIF by WWE