2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They need to put Yordan on the IL for as long as it takes.  He’s not helping them win hitting an occasional single.  His power is completely gone and they need it back in the playoffs.

Yep, and that would also give them a chance to call up someone from AAA like Yanier Diaz or Brinson and see what they can do

30 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Holy shit

Robinson Chirinos is still in the league?

Yep ... and according to Brandon Hyde, a huge contributor (along with Odor) helping all of the youngsters while building team chemistry.  Coaches on the field?  Silly example ... the O's have a chain that's hung around the neck of a guy hitting a home run.  Chirinos does the honor along with a big hug.  It's not unlike celebrations in every baseball dugout.  Jordan Lyles gets credit, too.  Hyde and the other starters frequently mention his leadership.  Bottom line ... veterans teaching kids how to play and have fun while learning ... and there's more to come.  I'm reliving the mid-2010's Astros.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e8f1587c6547db50b968645b502fb1d.jpeg

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Does he need rest or surgery ?

Amputation. 

there are actual dogs in my season ticket section. This is a new one for me as before they’d always been 1 section over. Kids are loving it. Then they get to run the bases today which they’ve never done. Pretty nice little Sunday afternoon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

28 pitches.  Thanks, Pena.

Once Rutschman got a clean hit, the ball Mullins hit will be reversed to a single.  No losing a potential no hitter on the first play of the game.

Jim Palmer said he’d bet the official scorer never tried to field a “torched 107mph short hop.”

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

They need to put Yordan on the IL for as long as it takes.  He’s not helping them win hitting an occasional single.  His power is completely gone and they need it back in the playoffs.

This is 2018 all over again. Beat up team heading into the playoffs and it didn't have to be this way.

Although wining this game is among the least of our concerns, I'm still annoyed that Dusty didn't have Dubon sacrifice. The kid isn't hitting but is a decent bunter. Plus, Maldy has a fighting chance to hit a sac fly. Of course, maybe by then JV's problem was apparent and Dusty figured it will take us seven runs to win today.