2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I really don’t get the decision to not pay Springer a completely reasonable amount of money while we were right in our competing for title windows.

It might have played a role in 2 World Series as we lost in game 7 of the ALCS and game 6 of the World Series the first two years without him, and we were short a bat both years. Oh well, World Series chances are cheap and come around every decade or 2 in my fan experience. No biggie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I really don’t get the decision to not pay Springer a completely reasonable amount of money while we were right in our competing for title windows.

It might have played a role in 2 World Series as we lost in game 7 of the ALCS and game 6 of the World Series the first two years without him, and we were short a bat both years. Oh well, World Series chances are cheap and come around every decade or 2 in my fan experience. No biggie. 

He was on the team that lost the ALCS in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He was on the team that lost the ALCS in 2020.

I’m an idiot. Of course he was. Maybe just 1 real chance at making a difference in winning a World Series. 
I was on the road in the RV and that season was a blur of box scores and that’s about it. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn