2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Abreu blows. I don’t care how hard you throw if you can’t hit the broad side of a barn. 

Abreu is NOT a multiple inning pitcher. Dusty for some stupid reason thinks he is. Most of the runs he has given up have come in his 2nd inning.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Abreu is NOT a multiple inning pitcher. Dusty for some stupid reason thinks he is. Most of the runs he has given up have come in his 2nd inning.

not defending anyone, but you have to start stretching those guys out 

can someone lost the video clip ??

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

Fuck this losing streak. We are 1-0 when I’ve gone this year, the home opener with Garcia on the bump. Back in the house, look for the trucker hat in 118. We are gonna baby rock out of this mini slump today. 

I accept Venmo, PayPal or Zelle for those of you interested in funding my attendance to the rest of the games I’m not scheduled for. 

What a win. Go get some, kid!

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Iconoclast, aka Macklemore, will soon divert his attention and ire to Caserio with the NFL draft happening this week. Can’t wait. 

hopefully Tytus Howard has a god fearing brother or cousin they can draft in the first round. Carries a bible around, 24/7 

Lilshep balled out again. 4.1 innings in 2 elimination games today 2 hits , no runs, 4 ks. Closed out both games pitching to seal the wins. Also hit .500 stole 8 bases today. He also played correa like defense at ss. 20220424_175555.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Lilshep balled out again. 4.1 innings in 2 elimination games today 2 hits , no runs, 4 ks. Closed out both games pitching to seal the wins. Also hit .500 stole 8 bases today. He also played correa like defense at ss. 20220424_175555.jpg

Oh yeah?  Well my kid sat on his ass and played Nintendo switch all day Mr Big Shot- what do you think about that?

just kidding man, you must be very proud. Love to hear all the updates from your little man. Keep it up! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

[mention=537]Jshep34[/mention] At what age do you start to consider serious travel team play. It seems like he’ll be good enough to go that route. 
He is on a select team here locally. He was selected in top 50 kids at 9u for a national showcase thatll be played in July at Fort Meyers (twins spring training) . I honestly don't know what age, but I dont want to burn him out either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

He is on a select team here locally. He was selected in top 50 kids at 9u for a national showcase thatll be played in July at Fort Meyers (twins spring training) . I honestly don't know what age, but I dont want to burn him out either.

Is he playing any other sports?  Have him play sports for every season (soccer, basketball, maybe football) and I doubt it's possible to burn that kind of kid out.  Golf or Tennis too. I know people act like you shouldn't play golf and baseball at the same time b/c it will mess up your swing but that's nonsense.  Becoming good at golf is a real focus on the mental game that can translate to results in baseball.  Seriously, I've never met a kid that burned out on a sport that played a bunch of different ones with his friends. It builds the love for all of them, doesn't detract imo.  I've played with guys growing up that played NFL (1), MLB (2) and PGA Tour (2 or add in a 3rd depending upon how much you want to stretch played with).  They all played other sports all throughout and that's just where they got off and had fun, competing athletically. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is he playing any other sports?  Have him play sports for every season (soccer, basketball, maybe football) and I doubt it's possible to burn that kind of kid out.  Golf or Tennis too. I know people act like you shouldn't play golf and baseball at the same time b/c it will mess up your swing but that's nonsense.  Becoming good at golf is a real focus on the mental game that can translate to results in baseball.  Seriously, I've never met a kid that burned out on a sport that played a bunch of different ones with his friends. It builds the love for all of them, doesn't detract imo.  I've played with guys growing up that played NFL (1), MLB (2) and PGA Tour (2 or add in a 3rd depending upon how much you want to stretch played with).  They all played other sports all throughout and that's just where they got off and had fun, competing athletically. 
Plays basketball and golf.

• Hook 'Em 1