2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

What a game. I was messaging with my son and in the 7th or so I said this game felt like it would go 18 ininnings.  Lol.  After today's football game and tonight's game, I'm spent. But both turned out well in the end. Rest up and get ready for the ALCS. I'll keep staying off this thread during games as we're undefeated when I do. 

Thing is nobody did any thing spectacular pitching wise. LMJ went 6 on 88 pitches. Garcia went 5 on about 70 pitches. They are starters no big deal. Hunter Brown went 2 innings but he’s been groomed for that. Then the other 5 relievers each pitched 1 inning. If we’d needed to we still could have probably squeezed another coupe innings out of Garcia, 6 for Urquidy and 6 for Javier on normal rest. Think about that- we just played a game that went 18 innings and we had another 10 or 12 innings, easily in the tank, that wouldn’t even have been asking anyone to do anything outside their comfort zone or on short rest. 
That’s mind boggling if You think about it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thing is nobody did any thing spectacular pitching wise. LMJ went 6 on 88 pitches. Garcia went 5 on about 70 pitches. They are starters no big deal. Hunter Brown went 2 innings but he’s been groomed for that. Then the other 5 relievers each pitched 1 inning. If we’d needed to we still could have probably squeezed another coupe innings out of Garcia, 6 for Urquidy and 6 for Javier on normal rest. Think about that- we just played a game that went 18 innings and we had another 10 or 12 innings, easily in the tank, that wouldn’t even have been asking anyone to do anything outside their comfort zone or on short rest. 
That’s mind boggling if You think about it. 

This is why we should pistol-whip the next person that suggests trading Garcia.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

This pitching staff, held the line for fucking 18  innings. unreal 

both catchers, called a damn great game. excellent prepping 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If we had another bat we might have been able to score before the 12th 

entire staff needed work, 18 was just right 

• Hook 'Em 1