2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dusty is the best celebration manager of all time.  He gets right in there with the rest of them.

5 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Took this last night from the Balcony. Bring me the Yankees pretty please….

98FC1D33-4CBF-4211-8486-8669AF865552.jpeg

God damnit, cleaning crew left the lights on in my office AGAIN.

• Haha 1

With a game like today, I'm not worried about the Astros having too much time off. 

As it has been stated a priori, the Astros gutted these wins out when at times it felt like they had no business winning the game. They fucked around and pulled a sweep - the only team in the among the divisional series teams to do so.

Also, Jeremy is the Astros SS for the future. He's filling in quite nicely for the departed.

Life is good.

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

With a game like today, I'm not worried about the Astros having too much time off. 

As it has been stated a priori, the Astros gutted these wins out when at times it felt like they had no business winning the game. They fucked around and pulled a sweep - the only team in the among the divisional series teams to do so.

Also the only higher seed that won or is leading their series.

Holy shit, I met a buddy at a bar well before first pitch to watch the game. We joked about hoping it wouldn't be a 4 hour affair.  7 1/2 hours passed from when I arrived to getting home. 

Anyways, Garcia earned a spot on the Astros Post-Season Rushmore. Up there with 24 straight curveballs LMJ. That said, we fully emptied the bullpen tonight and every single one of those boys did their job, inning after inning after inning after inning after inning.

God I love this team. With that in mind, incredibly happy not to have an Astros game to watch tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Laziest interview questions ever.

12 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Anyways, Garcia earned a spot on the Astros Post-Season Rushmore. Up there with 24 straight curveballs LMJ. That said, we fully emptied the bullpen tonight and every single one of those boys did their job, inning after inning after inning after inning after inning.

Urquidy wasn't even used so fake news

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

But it didn’t fuck the M’s

And we coulda been the ‘05 World Series Champs.

that tweet?

853C2C51-1A9A-4BAC-9F69-0C9D512CBC5B.gif.14d04520bfaf1cc81613d419ee1fbcef.gif

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Should we put Peña at leadoff to shake things up and get Altuve going in the ALCS?

Never go full…..this thread in ‘17 World Series re: Springer

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thing is nobody did any thing spectacular pitching wise. LMJ went 6 on 88 pitches. Garcia went 5 on about 70 pitches. They are starters no big deal. Hunter Brown went 2 innings but he’s been groomed for that. Then the other 5 relievers each pitched 1 inning. If we’d needed to we still could have probably squeezed another coupe innings out of Garcia, 6 for Urquidy and 6 for Javier on normal rest. Think about that- we just played a game that went 18 innings and we had another 10 or 12 innings, easily in the tank, that wouldn’t even have been asking anyone to do anything outside their comfort zone or on short rest. 
That’s mind boggling if You think about it. 

This is where my head was.

almost a “thank you” to the mariners offense for the perfect workout day. 
couldn’t have drawn it up much better for the pitching staff.

Everyone got work in and gets 3 days off except Urquidy who is the blowout guy anyway.

And the offense was shit but everyone got 8 ABs of real ahole puckering  chances to figure out timing and all the shit they lost with the long break. Sure it didn’t show today but I fully expect the offense to look a lot better when this kicks back up mid week

• Hook 'Em 1