2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

We’re just ignoring last year when he was an all-star and one of the best pitchers in the league without it? 

Yes.  It's more fun to fan the flames of controversy.  Never let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.

8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Not sure the dude that got stabbed outside a titter should really be running his mouth. 

And the slide... 

Shit wasn't even dirty.   I would love to see Pham get his ass kicked though 

• Like 1

I didn't get to see the segment, will watch later tonight, but on MLB Now Brian Kenny was brining up "will we ever see another 3000 hit player" after Miggy gets to it soon.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/H_active.shtml

That is the current active hits leaders with yrs,age.  

I still think Altuve gets there, but losing 100 games in 2020, and now some injury issues the past couple seasons, it is going to be way fucking closer than I originally had thought.  

Freeman needs 8 years of 160 hit avg to make it.

Past those two the youngest guy with at least 1000 hits right now is Lindor at 1013 (28ys old).  

Is Kenny onto something?  I find it hard to believe it will NEVER happen again, but it may indeed be awhile.  

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I didn't get to see the segment, will watch later tonight, but on MLB Now Brian Kenny was brining up "will we ever see another 3000 hit player" after Miggy gets to it soon.  

I still think Altuve gets there, but losing 100 games in 2020, and now some injury issues the past couple seasons, it is going to be way fucking closer than I originally had thought.  

Past those two the youngest guy with at least 1000 hits right now is Lindor at 1013 (28ys old).  

Is Kenny onto something?  I find it hard to believe it will NEVER happen again, but it may indeed be awhile.  

Once analytics decided that striking out is better than getting a hit, this was bound to happen. Sure no one will hit major milestones anymore but at least the games are less exciting to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Could be right.

Take Vladdy for example. Say he's productive until 37 and doesn't miss a season. He'd need to average 174 hits to get to 3k. Over 15 seasons. 

The 60 game (or whatever it was) COVID season doesn't help these younger guys. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Could be right.

Take Vladdy for example. Say he's productive until 37 and doesn't miss a season. He'd need to average 174 hits to get to 3k. Over 15 seasons. 

The 60 game (or whatever it was) COVID season doesn't help these younger guys. 

There’s been strike shortened seasons before, and players have missed time for war & injuries before. It doesn’t help but those 100 games probably wont make or break anyone. For example team philosophies on rest have changed with time as well. A starter with the Yankees would’ve been benched in 40 of those games for no reason & still gotten hurt anyway.

This was his 2nd of the year. He now has one from each side of the plate. 

Ramirez is too damn good 5”9 165 stubby little fucker who does nothing but show out, offense, defense, stolen bases, that dude would lead a better team to a World Series.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

We’re just ignoring last year when he was an all-star and one of the best pitchers in the league without it? 

No, we're noting his 2021 splits which show a 1st half ERA of 2.68 and 2nd half of 4.14. Hmm, wonder if the crackdown that was announced on June 21, 2021 (about 10 days before the break) had an impact. Let's not even discuss the gem he put up in the WC game. You know, the one game that really mattered. And where he was fully inspected. But I'm sure it was just a fluke and had nothing to do with the crackdown. Probably just a late season swoon.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

278895413_2060559714132373_1275028673351

Nope. Not a thing at all.

Spoiler

image-asset.jpeg?format=1000w

Enjoy paying the man Ace of Aces money for 4th starter work. Should pair nicely with whatever time bomb is put together for Judge. You'll always have 2009.

Spoiler

image.png.553d1f633afc77b0f767db4e676370ae.png

Edited by Herpa Derpa