TCU @ Texas Weekend Series Thread

zlavydra

1 minute ago, WBT said:

What a game.  12 Ks and 3 over the minimum 

And fucking no one truly squared him up all night. Dude is gonna be lights out in the postseason. He’s got that “bigger the stage the better I perform” feel to him 

38 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Good opportunity to sort out the the bullpen and get this team back and primed to run. Bullpen should be fresh.  Cant remember how many we had to throw from the pen.  Ohh wait.... 0 

And Stevens went 6.1 last week. Give us 7 tomorrow and turn it over to Harrison 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Harrison sure seems more and more like he's gonna end up being a key cog this season. 

Wouldn’t mind him taking over closer duties until Nixon is no longer mindfucked. Shit maybe have Nixon be the set up man for Harrison if he puts it back together. And let Cobb take the Cole Quintanilla role in the bullpen 

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Wouldn’t mind him taking over closer duties until Nixon is no longer mindfucked. Shit maybe have Nixon be the set up man for Harrison if he puts it back together. And let Cobb take the Cole Quintanilla role in the bullpen 

Yessir. Somehow or another Nixon and Southard gotta get their shit straight with pounding the zone and getting ahead in counts. I'm still grumpy about Southard shaking off Silas on a day he had 97mph stuff. On the flip I'm still impressed with Harrison from the Shriners weekend.

24 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Yessir. Somehow or another Nixon and Southard gotta get their shit straight with pounding the zone and getting ahead in counts. I'm still grumpy about Southard shaking off Silas on a day he had 97mph stuff. On the flip I'm still impressed with Harrison from the Shriners weekend.

Harrison has closer written all over him 

13 hours ago, Fletch said:

And fucking no one truly squared him up all night. Dude is gonna be lights out in the postseason. He’s got that “bigger the stage the better I perform” feel to him 

He and Tristan, despite his recent wobbles, are the reason I didn’t understand people throwing in the season a few weeks ago. With those two as starters and our bats we will win a lot more series than we lose and are tough to beat in a regional 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

He and Tristan, despite his recent wobbles, are the reason I didn’t understand people throwing in the season a few weeks ago. With those two as starters and our bats we will win a lot more series than we lose and are tough to beat in a regional 

Yep. Marathon not a sprint. And Pierce has shown in the postseason he’s more than happy to use the Friday or Saturday guy as a closer. Hansen is tailor made for that

21 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Honestly surprised they’re ranked so high. I get the leeway from last season, but a series win against Missouri is about the only legit thing on their resume. Boyd’s ISR has them at 19

C’mon, they’re the OmaHOGS!

10 whole trips to the CWS bro.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

We’re gonna need a pen to make it to the CWS.  This guy didn’t and isn’t throwing in the towel on the season by any stretch, but don’t delude yourself.