Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Pretty much. I would’ve been ok in anywhere but the big 12.  Pac would’ve been fine with us and Oklahoma imo

Although, if we did join the B1G I think Nebraska might implode and prolapse into itself. That would be worth the price of admission. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I gotta think the “not done” RE the Big 10 is ND and someone out of the ACC and they’ll be waiting for that GOR to go

ND is who the Big 10 has always wanted. If they had joined in 2010, we probably still have 6 BCS conferences and no playoffs.

Would USC and UCLA prefer to add west coast "travel partners" to the B1G? Or leave them to compete for the scraps with no place at the big boys' table?

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I gotta think the “not done” RE the Big 10 is ND and someone out of the ACC and they’ll be waiting for that GOR to go

ND is who the Big 10 has always wanted. If they had joined in 2010, we probably still have 6 BCS conferences and no playoffs.

Combine Wilner's "not done" comment with the Dinnich tweet about ND being able to leave and just having to pay the GOR fees on their non-revenue sports (which wouldn't be much), and I don't see how ND isn't the next one to come.  I don't think anyone else in the ACC could get out quite that easy - I could be wrong, but Dinnich being an ESPN employee seems like a pretty good source on ND being able to get out cheap.

Then you can add the remaining valuable properties in the PAC to get to 20, Oregon/Washington and then pick whoever you want for #20.

Would USC and UCLA prefer to add west coast "travel partners" to the B1G? Or leave them to compete for the scraps with no place at the big boys' table?

If they cared, they wouldn’t leave.

I never really understood travel partners either. No one is casually driving from Seattle to LA ya know? All of this is being done by plane as it is
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I find it funny people think the B10 or the SEC want to go beyond 16. Could they? Yes but doubtful

Some credible CFB media folks are saying they are hearing talk of the B1G and SEC going to 20 or 24 each. It makes the most sense. 2 super conferences who champions play each other for the national title. 

It's happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

As I read this thread I am listing to B&E from earlier today. They are talking about the BIG XII and its' new commissioner and predict where things are going. Everything they are saying seems so irrelevant as I listen to it.

60826w_anthropocene.jpg

Pretty much B&E everyday if you wait until the afternoon to listen. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, camel at sea said:

The PAC can't go on offense.  Nobody in the Big 12 will bite on an offer from them until Oregon and Washington's fate are settled.  The Big 12 is much more likely to be the one doing the raiding when this shakes out.  

Disagree. PAC has three inherent advantages- the PST time zone, the Pacific coastline and the Rose Bowl. 

The B12 shares CST with the B10, has the dust bowl and first dibs on the Fiesta Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If they cared, they wouldn’t leave.

I never really understood travel partners either. No one is casually driving from Seattle to LA ya know? All of this is being done by plane as it is

Maybe

But, I don't see UNC + UVA > UW + UO. We all agree ND is probably next.

Edited by DFW Horn

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

Disagree. PAC has three inherent advantages- the PST time zone, the Pacific coastline and the Rose Bowl. 

The B12 shares CST with the B10, has the dust bowl and first dibs on the Fiesta Bowl. 

And hotter co-eds.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Some credible CFB media folks are saying they are hearing talk of the B1G and SEC going to 20 or 24 each. It makes the most sense. 2 super conferences who champions play each other for the national title. 

It's happening.

Whom

16 minutes ago, Deej said:

Pretty much B&E everyday if you wait until the afternoon to listen. 

I usually start listening at 10 a.m. and everything is still relevant by afternoon. Their speculation may have come true by afternoon.  Today it was not even crossing their minds so that is why it was weird.

Edited by DanTheHorn

49 minutes ago, hawkfan said:

Question for Texas fans - knowing that the B1G can probably now take their pick of the remaining PAC schools, would you prefer a B1G with USC/UCLA/Oregon/Washington or the SEC?  Not saying this is in the cards or anything, but reset the board and assume you hadn't announced your intent to join the SEC - would you prefer the SEC or 20 School B1G + USC/UCLA/Oregon/Washington (and OU/UT)?

42 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

SEC. It's geographically contiguous and home to our second and third traditional rivals.

Exactly this.  Plus our main rival is coming with us.  There's no way that was ever happening in the B1G.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Want to bet?

I'll agree to a bet, and I'll expect to be paid if I win, but if I lose, I am likely to welch. I wasn't raised right. My dad always said to never hit anyone in anger unless I was absolutely sure I could get away with it. 

1 hour ago, Dirk X West said:

Yeah, they should have totally anticipated this move that literally no one across the country expected.

Anticipated? No. Not a chance. Taken their time and laid out some plans for a few scenarios? Maybe do some background digging around and see what the landscape is shaping up like? I mean they had years before OU/UT were bolting (atleast on paper). If they'd just made the prudent decision to wait one year before expanding, which doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, this would have all just fallen into their lap.

Edited by ouflak

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

B1G is a big bag of meh. Outside of playing Michigan, Ohio State, maybe Wisconsin, the rest is so boring. We can instead play OOC matchups with most of them, UCLA, and USC if we get a hankering. Give me the SEC. 

Agree, but I don't really care about the SEC that much either.  Alabama and LSU and I guess Georgia will be cool.

But I'm not at all excited about Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Auburn.  Really the best thing about going to the SEC will be getting A&M and Arkansas back on the schedule, and keeping OU on the schedule.  The SEC is the only place where that could ever happen.  And it makes the most sense, geographically.

The baseball will be a lot of fun, though.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

He fails to realize this move is caused by the sec getting TX ou lol

This move is because the B1G is in the middle of negotiating by far the most lucrative media rights deal in history and USC and UCLA make those numbers go up by a lot.  It's not all about you.

Just now, VABuckeye said:

This move is because the B1G is in the middle of negotiating by far the most lucrative media rights deal in history and USC and UCLA make those numbers go up by a lot.  It's not all about you.

Remember you said that when you and everybody else want to blame Texas for ruining college football in a few years.

• Hook 'Em 2