Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Clemson is an SEC school living in ACC country. Them and Florida State make a whole lot of sense. Texas to the SEC broke the idea that the SEC wouldn't take an in-state rival. 

Clemson and Florida State to SEC. That's 18.  Duke / UNC to Big Ten along with USC & UCLA to get to 18.  Is anyone major left out at that point? 

2 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

SEC may need to be proactive and look at FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC, Duke, NC State, UVA, and VaTech before the B1G does. Though still no idea how you have a conference with 24 fucking members.

The only way that works is when the SEC and B1G breakaway and create a 48-team super-DIV1 and make the AFC and NFC.  Then they can stage their own sides of the playoff bracket and meet in the College Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If they're looking west I bet UW and UO are on the list. Will 20 become the new magic number? Who would SEC want after FSU and Clemson?

Miami too?  That gets you to 19.  As someone with best friends who are OSU grads, part of me would love to see OSU sneak in as 20th team.  Maintain OU/Texas rivalries and makes as much sense geographically as anyone else.

Just now, 40acredropout said:

Miami too?  That gets you to 19.  As someone with best friends who are OSU grads, part of me would love to see OSU sneak in as 20th team.  Maintain OU/Texas rivalries and makes as much sense geographically as anyone else.

That's my secret wish too. If not Miami, maybe they'd take OSU and KU for the western flank. Reunite Bedlam and the Border War and provide a regular OSU-Arky matchup with has rivalry potential.

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I bet it goes the other way and the P12 kills the B12 now

It could but I'm not sure. 

Pac 12 schools like Oregon are going to be looking to bail. Do you join a conference where the top schools are still looking to get out? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

If I'm the P12 I'd invite Tech, OSU BYU, ISU, KU and KState

I think that is where I would lean as well. Allows them to keep a semi-regional, allows Tech to stay in one division and the rest in the other

Something like:

Stanford, Oregon, OSU, Cal, WU, WSU, Zona and ASU

Utah, Colorado, one of Baylor/UH/?,  OSU BYU, ISU, KU and KState

Edited by Laxtonto

If UCLA were tethered, I don't think things would be this far down the road.  

The interesting thing to me is whether the Big Ten stops at taking two or not.  The Big 12 could probably make a real run at Arizona, Utah, etc., now, too.  Maybe SDSU gets a look as a tagalong.  

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A Pac 12 and Big 12 merger almost has to happen. 

I don't know how it goes down but it's the only way both conferences can maybe survive. 

I would hope UCF, WVU, and Cincy are left out, geography would be fucked. Leave BU out too because rape is bad, and BYU because fuck them too.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Same. That's why I wouldn't bail if I'm a Big 12 school. 

The top Pac 12 schools are still looking to get out but the Pac and Big 12 have to find some way to make this work. 

Let the new Big XII commissioner be in charge too, the PAC guy sucked and failed in his attempt to mimic the Big 10.

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

So this assumes Notre Dame becomes full time ACC?  I'm behind... would they willingly give up indy status in this world of 4 16 team conferences? 

No, Notre Dame will still stay on the sidelines with the thought that their brand will get them in the playoff. With an expanded playoff, they'll have a seat if they win 10 games. 

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Lots of people coming to the conclusion that the B12 is about to have some serious buyers remorse

That's why this piecemeal shit is infuriating. If you sit still you die. If you wait for the next domino it might never fall. Sit down and work this out holistically already.

4 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Easier for the remaining P12 teams to kill off the B12 imo

Depends on if UO and UW get the call or not. They already had worse viewership than the new B12 and taking away the top 4 makes that exponentially worse.

Edited by SimonBolivar

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Depends on if UO and UW get the call or not. They already had worse viewership than the new B12 and taking away the top 4 makes that exponentially worse.

The 6 schools I listed going to the P12 makes more money than adding a few schools from the P12 to the bastardized B12.

If I'm a bigger name brand in the B12 I'd much rather be associated with the schools in the west than who the B12 added.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

The 6 schools I listed going to the P12 makes more money than adding a few schools from the P12 to the bastardized B12.

If I'm a bigger name brand in the B12 I'd much rather be associated with the schools in the west than who the B12 added.

Who are the "bigger name brands" worth poaching in the Big 12?

KU, OSU, and Tech?