2022 Big 12 Tournament Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, rivin said:

Wow, I had no idea that a foul bunt with two strikes is an out. I've been watching baseball for a long time, but somehow I have missed this rule.

I'm not gonna give you shit for not knowing that. The reason is you've probably never seen anyone attempt it before, because it's fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NorthLoop said:

I'm not gonna give you shit for not knowing that. The reason is you've probably never seen anyone attempt it before, because it's fucking stupid. 

Don't think I've ever seen it in college ball.  Pretty common when pitchers hit in the NL though.

Someone tell Pierce that bunting isn't the only way to move a runner over.

Generally not a fan with a left handed hitter. Pull it on the ground. One attempt at a bunt with his speed is ok but don’t give away the whole AB.

Pretty sure he offered at one if not two balls. Not sure that happens swinging away.

They probably walk Ivan anyway then get the DP.

7 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Someone tell Pierce that bunting isn't the only way to move a runner over.

Someone tell Pierce that with a runner on second with no outs and 2-3-4 up to bat, the runner doesn’t need to be moved over in the first place. 

Just now, zlavydra said:

Messinger has absolutely amazed me.  I thought he'd be average at best, based on his previous numbers.  Glad he's proved me wrong.

I love his confidence both at the plate and in the field. Dude doesn't seem to get fazed by much. 

• Hook 'Em 1