Other Super Regionals thread

Beau Vine

1 hour ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Wouldn’t an Arkansas v Texas CWS Final be fitting?  

"Fitting" in which sense? If Texas makes it that far, I don't know that we'll much care whom we face. Not sure we have any more meaningful history with Arky than with some others in the field. 

1 hour ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Wouldn’t an Arkansas v Texas CWS Final be fitting?  

No because that would mean Arkansas won some games and that is never fitting.

But obviously it would definitely add something to the final, not that the final isn't already intense as hell.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

"Fitting" in which sense? If Texas makes it that far, I don't know that we'll much care whom we face. Not sure we have any more meaningful history with Arky than with some others in the field. 

Fitting for us Hog fans as we’d get to face an inferior program for once 

https://texassports.com/sports/baseball/opponent-history/university-of-arkansas/190

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Fitting for us Hog fans as we’d get to face an inferior program for once 

https://texassports.com/sports/baseball/opponent-history/university-of-arkansas/190

you secrant dipshits have really got to step up your smack game when you leave your dwellings.

SERIES vs. ARKANSAS
ALL-TIME SERIES Texas leads, 76-37
IN AUSTIN Texas leads, 43-15 | IN FAYETTEVILLE Texas leads, 24-18 | NEUTRAL SITE Texas leads, 9-4 | POSTSEASON Texas leads, 21-7

APPEARANCES IN OMAHA | Texas 38, Arkansas 11

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS | Texas 6, Arkansas 0

• Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, sidis said:

you secrant dipshits have really got to step up your smack game when you leave your dwellings.

SERIES vs. ARKANSAS
ALL-TIME SERIES Texas leads, 76-37
IN AUSTIN Texas leads, 43-15 | IN FAYETTEVILLE Texas leads, 24-18 | NEUTRAL SITE Texas leads, 9-4 | POSTSEASON Texas leads, 21-7

APPEARANCES IN OMAHA | Texas 38, Arkansas 11

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS | Texas 6, Arkansas 0

He knows that, he is just talking smack.

I just think that Omaha is about winning a championship. A regular season game against a rival like Arkansas would be fun, it would add some intensity to a normal regular season series.

But in Omaha both teams are going all out to win with the highest stakes in college baseball. It doesn't really matter if the opponent is Washington State or OU. For that one day they are your rival. I don't recall the Arkansas game in the 2018 CWS to be that much bigger of a deal than any other CWS game. Though it always sucks when those fucking pigs win and we lose. But losing any game in Omaha sucks.

I want Texas to get that 7th title, if we get to beat A&M, Arkansas, and OU to do it awesome. But it's no less awesome if its Notre Dame and Oregon State.

Certainly though if its not Texas, I sure the fuck don't want it to be one of our rivals.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3

Good effort to bring that potential HR back into play. Hopefully this guy can get them home.

Meanwhile, somebody check the seismograph for Palo Alto. Either they keep adjusting the camera tripod or the big one is about to strike. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Pitching depth has always been a problem in college baseball but does anyone else feel like it's even more magnified this year? 

Teams don't have anything left in game 3. 

Something is different this year. The normal 3 or 4 ERA guys are 5 or 6 ERA guys.

We have people praising OU and Notre Dame pitching, and rightly so, but both those schools got blown out in their game 2s. I don't think the top pitching teams have that happen most years.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Something is different this year. The normal 3 or 4 ERA guys are 5 or 6 ERA guys.

We have people praising OU and Notre Dame pitching, and rightly so, but both those schools got blown out in their game 2s. I don't think the top pitching teams have that happen most years.

The ball has to be juiced. It's the only explanation. 

• Hook 'Em 1