Off-duty FBI agent dances, does backflip, drops gun, shoots man in leg

Art Vandelay

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Saw this this morning.  It goes off when he grabs it by the trigger.  

Yeah I probably should've put that in the thread title. You'd think his FBI firearms training would've included something about not grabbing a gun by the trigger.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

those moves, tho

He did a bang up job.

2 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

I’m not the least bit surprised by this idiot’s actions. The FBI is a shell of its former self...but they’re still pretty good at stooging the gullible into thinking otherwise.

To be blunt, I'm not sure the FBI was ever anything super-special outside of inventing forensic techniques that could be abused to wrongfully convict and imprison thousands.  But you are correct about the illusion to the contrary.

Get shot once, get shots for life. The Denver bar on Monday offered a reveler "complimentary drinks forever" after he took a bullet to the leg when an off-duty FBI agent’s weapon accidentally discharged over the weekend. The Mile High Spirits Distillery announced the deal in a letter admonishing the G-man for having the weapon on him in spite of their no-firearm policy. “It is shocking that the only shooting to ever occur at our establishment came about as a result of an FBI agent entering our distillery tasting room carrying a loaded firearm without our knowledge, in violation of our rules,” according to a statement from Mile High Distillery," the bar wrote. “As a result of his misconduct, one of our innocent patrons was shot."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-news-denver-bar-free-drinks-fbi-agent-shooting-20180604-story.html

Your fucking government man. You'd be shocked at the number of government assholes packing all the time because they have to bring me a piece of paper to the cockpit to let me know. Fucking chick postal inspectors, you name it they're packing. Damn near every flight.

5 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Your fucking government man. You'd be shocked at the number of government assholes packing all the time because they have to bring me a piece of paper to the cockpit to let me know. Fucking chick postal inspectors, you name it they're packing. Damn near every flight.

Postal Inspectors pack heat?  Say what?

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be blunt, I'm not sure the FBI was ever anything super-special outside of inventing forensic techniques that could be abused to wrongfully convict and imprison thousands.  But you are correct about the illusion to the contrary.

To be fair there are some outstanding people that work there.  My experiences are with cyber security people mostly but the people I’ve met from Austin and San Antonio take their jobs seriously and do good work.  

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

To be fair there are some outstanding people that work there.  My experiences are with cyber security people mostly but the people I’ve met from Austin and San Antonio take their jobs seriously and do good work.  

Yeah, just like all cops, some good some bad.  It puzzles me a little why the FBI gets all the technically competent people in law enforcement.  There's no reason those same people shouldn't be dispersed among state agencies, as well.  I think the DPS/Rangers have a few, ie computer folks and the like.