Welcome to Wrexham

ztejas

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

The show makes it seem like everything is just happening piecemeal, but I suspect there is a very detailed plan.

You'd think so but the sports world is littered with billionaires who buy teams that seem to have absolutely no plan in place at all and drive franchises and clubs into bankruptcy.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure which episode it was, but Rob gathering all his friends at a bar to watch a game was depressingly predictable.

Felt for the guy. Its a funny old game.

*i think that was the best episode of the series.. the ins and out of the transfer window, manager decisions, spend v not spend, etc.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, yoladu said:

not sure which episode it was, but Rob gathering all his friends at a bar to watch a game was depressingly predictable.

Felt for the guy. Its a funny old game.

*i think that was the best episode of the series.. the ins and out of the transfer window, manager decisions, spend v not spend, etc.

I learned a bunch during the previous episode on the Hooligans.  I knew of the major events which ended in bloodshed and death, but not as much about the everyday Hooligan fans.  I'm thinking of starting a Hooligan group for Austin FC.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Binged the entire season (sans finale) this weekend. It's definitely the reality show/documentary counterpart to TL... and I loved every minute of it.

That said, if I moved to the UK, one of my deciding factors on where to move would include a local club with a loyal town/village supporter base like this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 11:13 AM, RamjetFDO said:

Binged the entire season (sans finale) this weekend. It's definitely the reality show/documentary counterpart to TL... and I loved every minute of it.

That said, if I moved to the UK, one of my deciding factors on where to move would include a local club with a loyal town/village supporter base like this.

Walking back from the Austin FC match, we ended up talking to an old Scot from Kilmarnock, talking about growing up with that as his club, with about 8,000 die hard fans.  They loved their hometown club, it sounded really cool.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/30/2022 at 10:45 AM, Jerry Callo said:

I learned a bunch during the previous episode on the Hooligans.  I knew of the major events which ended in bloodshed and death, but not as much about the everyday Hooligan fans.  I'm thinking of starting a Hooligan group for Austin FC.

Just watched this episode.  The banned Wrexham hooligan's girlfriend was hot.  I'd say she could do better but she's from the hills outside Wrexham so I really have no idea.

Just watched this episode.  The banned Wrexham hooligan's girlfriend was hot.  I'd say she could do better but she's from the hills outside Wrexham so I really have no idea.
Her dad was in a band that had a top 10 song on the US charts in the late 80s or 90s. I googled it when I watched the episode, but I don't remember. I recognized the song.

I purposely did everything I could to *NOT* know the results of either the Wembley match or the playoff match going into these last three episodes.

Spoiler

UGH - gutted!  

Like Ryan said ... "I hate this game.  And I love this game."

It was a little dusty in here, though, for the "dad memories" in the Wromance episode.

17 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Mullen-to-Palmer ... GOAL WREXHAM!

Nifty little backheel goal makes it 1-nil in the 9th.

14 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Super Paul Mullen with a nice header ... GOAL WREXHAM!!

2-nil in the 12th.

Home crowd is definitely into it.

Mullin.

• Hook 'Em 1