TCU @ Colorado (Fri Sep 2,2022 9PM/ESPN)

SimonBolivar

Hoping for a good game. Curious to see how explosive the offense will be for TCU. We got lucky last night with two damn good games. Hope the streak continues. It’s either this game or Indiana/Illinois. For some inexplicable reason I think the Virginia Tech v Old Dominion game could have some potential. Doubtful about Michigan State v W. Michigan. 

• Like 1

The most vocal TCU fans on Killerfrogs and HFB are convincing themselves that the only thing holding TCU back the last 5 years has been Patterson. Dykes has taken the approach of being bizzaro Gary, doing the exact opposite of what GP would do when confronted with any choice.

It’s actually bizarre to see the dislike for GP coming from the most vocal on KF and HFB. You’d think he’d stolen their puppies and Dykes is giving them back. Not all TCU fans feel like that of course, but the loudest voices are the most negative. 

It was undoubtedly time for a change, for both TCU and GP. My guess is that there will be some growing pains, as there almost always is with a coaching change, particularly following a legend.  Dykes is a good, not great, coach. Under him, TCU should be a good, not great, team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, nnm said:

The most vocal TCU fans on Killerfrogs and HFB are convincing themselves that the only thing holding TCU back the last 5 years has been Patterson. Dykes has taken the approach of being bizzaro Gary, doing the exact opposite of what GP would do when confronted with any choice.

It’s actually bizarre to see the dislike for GP coming from the most vocal on KF and HFB. You’d think he’d stolen their puppies and Dykes is giving them back. Not all TCU fans feel like that of course, but the loudest voices are the most negative. 

It was undoubtedly time for a change, for both TCU and GP. My guess is that there will be some growing pains, as there almost always is with a coaching change, particularly following a legend.  Dykes is a good, not great, coach. Under him, TCU should be a good, not great, team. 

I'm not sure the sentiment was the he was holding us back but that his refusal to adapt was not allowing us the opportunity to keep up or at least maintain.  I   have no ill will for GP.  In fact, he took our program to the "great heights" and I'll always be grateful.  Though the last couple of years I was dreading a Woody Hayes type exit, if you know what I mean.

Dykes will be interesting.  My biggest concerns with his best SMU teams were that they started fast and faded down the stretch.  In any event, what's done is done and I'm just thankful that we all have a normal season ahead.

I've got some football wood.

SWCFROG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Hoping for a good game. Curious to see how explosive the offense will be for TCU. We got lucky last night with two damn good games. Hope the streak continues. It’s either this game or Indiana/Illinois. For some inexplicable reason I think the Virginia Tech v Old Dominion game could have some potential. Doubtful about Michigan State v W. Michigan. 

Without Neyor, the toads have the best WR group in the B12.  Their freshman WR Jordan Hudson is a fuckin' stud...

Gerry Hamilton said during chat earlier this summer that Jordan Hudson is "absolutely tearing it up at tcu...  he could have Xavier Worthy type of freshman year"

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Hudson-46097244/

Per Gerry, folks at tcu believe there's 3 future NFL Draft picks at WR on this year's roster:

• Jordan Hudson
  • Quentin Johnston
  • Savion Williams

https://247sports.com/Player/Quentin-Johnston-46058426/

https://247sports.com/Player/Savion-Williams-46051526/quote

2 hours ago, SWCFROG said:

I'm not sure the sentiment was the he was holding us back but that his refusal to adapt was not allowing us the opportunity to keep up or at least maintain.  I   have no ill will for GP.  In fact, he took our program to the "great heights" and I'll always be grateful.  Though the last couple of years I was dreading a Woody Hayes type exit, if you know what I mean.

Dykes will be interesting.  My biggest concerns with his best SMU teams were that they started fast and faded down the stretch.  In any event, what's done is done and I'm just thankful that we all have a normal season ahead.

I've got some football wood.

SWCFROG

yea that is a major concern those SMU teams faded bad at the end of the season and SD faded fast at Cal, but the Cal admins and fans were against him the entire time there....SMU was 100% behind him though there should have been no excuses there 

GP never recovered from the 30 or whatever players suspended and he also got in a position of consistently being "out of sync" where he was always lacking even a serviceable QB when he had the rest of the parts and when he had a good to really good QB he lacked the rest of the parts......it was very pirate mike like except of course GP actually accomplished things and at least tried to recruit, cared more about defense than anything, and special teams and clock management....but he seemed to always not get the QB they really needed in the last few years

either way TCU should kick the shit out of a really bad Colorado team with a moron for a coach

• Like 1

A favorite chuckle for me occurred while visiting my in-laws in Wisconsin and they all were telling me how upset they were about having to play TCU in the Rose Bowl because they wanted “real” competition.  I reminded them that TCU was from Texas and therefore will show up and give them all the competition they want.   The silence after the game was priceless.

Edited by Horn80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

A favorite chuckle for me occurred while visiting my in-laws in Wisconsin and they all were telling me how upset they were about having to play TCU in the Rose Bowl because they wanted “real” competition.  I reminded them that TCU was from Texas and therefore will show up and give them all the competition they want.   The silence after the game was priceless.

TCU went into that game the higher-ranked team, but you wouldn’t have known it. Not from the media, who went on and on and on about the weight disparity between the Wisky oline and the TCU dline.  And JJ Watt.  Not from the Wisky fans in Pasadena, who were all fat, ugly, and drunk, pissing between the cars (men and women), and more arrogant than your in-laws that stayed back in Wisconsin.  TCU that year absolutely could have played with either $cam-led AU or Oregon. 

All of which made the game the perfect end to an awesome day. 

TCU 2014 also could have played with any of the CFP teams. That team was stacked and hungry. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

ESPN+ says game has not started. Fucking bullshit if this is tennis related 

ESPN:  You WILL CARE ABOUT WOMEN’S TENNIS, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?  WNBA, NCAA WBB, and wimmenz tennis is just as good as CFB, you cretin!  We will force feed you with this content and you will like it!  

• Hook 'Em 3