Take the win pussies

Xcalibur

11 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

No.  Your post was bitchy. 

We are just a few months removed from a 5-7 campaign, the trajectory is going the right direction, and yesterday was a solid win.  Everyone knows there is still a need for improvement but if you watched yesterday's game and weren't happy about the result you should just find another hobby.   

read my post dumb ass. I am happy with the win but reacted critical of the play DURING the game. Fans react, good and bad. So what 

Some of you cats should take your own advice and enjoy the win. Stop crying about how other people watch the game. It's not like you had to sit there and listen to it in person. It's an emotional time for some people. Not every fan is going to react the same way. It takes more energy to whine about someone else's whining than it does to just scroll past the shit. You're no better than the muthafucka you complaining about. You just as fucking sensitive. 

One thing is definitely for sure, we will fit in just fine with our SEC brothers.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

I honestly can’t believe this board. Texas just won and is definitely much improved over last season and there’s so much potential with Ewers and there are so many miserable fucks who want to focus on the negative parts of this season. The last 2 weeks have been incredible for Texas fans. 

you must be new here

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, bullet said:

Personally, the arrogance from the left coast is kind of tiresome 

as is this comment

I guess I wanted to quote this a long time ago but fine. It’s here now and not applicable to this thread.

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

today we continued the journey of learning to win again

we have 12 years of not winning to unlearn

This applies to the fans apparently as well

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Should we quit bitching about Bob Cole too? 😉

No.  Absolutely not 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I honestly can’t believe this board. Texas just won and is definitely much improved over last season and there’s so much potential with Ewers and there are so many miserable fucks who want to focus on the negative parts of this season. The last 2 weeks have been incredible for Texas fans. 

See hagbard quote above. 

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

The bitching about this win is akin to an incel that has had a 3 year drought, finally gets his ashes hauled, then complains she wasn’t purty enough.

“Gets his ashes hauled” was a euphemism for sex?!  What year were you born?

• Haha 3

Surly is an emotional and overreacting bunch. Narrowly lose to Bama…the rebuild is ahead of schedule! Lose at Tech…fire Sark! Whip OU…we’re back! Fuck Vegas and their 15 point line, we’ll beat ISU by 30! Beat Iowa State by 3…we suck again!

After the last few years, going 8-4 (likely) and hopefully a good bowl showing should be satisfying. Some of y’all that go too high and low should probably see a cardiologist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, immamac said:

T'was ever thus. Remember when people used to complain about VY's throwing motion (on perfect passes), and lobby for him to move to WR? 

I 'member.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

T'was ever thus. Remember when people used to complain about VY's throwing motion (on perfect passes), and lobby for him to move to WR? 

I 'member.

I ‘member anyone who was vaguely “glass half full” was labeled a “sunshine pumper.”

Good times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

I know it's the consensus around here, but I just wanted to say how much I fucking love Roschon Johnson.

His selflessness, his running/athletic ability, his fucking stick on the kickoff and his shit-talking pettiness are all top notch.

If I were a jersey-wearer, I'd undoubtedly be sporting a #2

RoJo can still come back for one more year thanks to the covid year. Hoping he does. 

Why would he. He’s for sure getting drafted. 

Beyond just wanting that for him, which I do, Rojo going pro is a great thing. He worked his ass off and got developed into a pro player by this staff Sure, the staff doesn’t get all the credit, but they can point to that success when recruiting. Not everybody is a Bijan Mustardson. Some are great athletes that will need to switch positions, be coached up, and work for it.

Rojo going day 2 would be a huge win for him and the team.

It helps that we have a stable of backs behind those two that look pretty darn good. That includes two recruits who are playing quite well, especially Baxter. He looks like a stud.

If people want to bring up positives in a loss, what's the fucking problem with bringing up negatives in a win? 

Watts injury really hurt, credit to coaches for messing with different options even though results were not great.  But sick of PK's approach. Can they jut put on the Bama tape for rest of season so players can remember what great D looks like? 

Sark's time management in the second half was curious. Really slowed down the tempo. Would love to hear someone ask him about that in the PC today. If it was to give RBs a breather between plays while we were pounding the ball on last scoring drive, okay fine. But watching that live was brutal. Felt like we were playing right into Campbell/ISU's hands by shortening the game. And it almost fucking burned us. 

If team plays like this next week we lose by 3-4 touchdowns. Sark desperately needs to beat a good team on the road. Or just win on the road. 

All that said, escaping this game with a W against maybe the best defense we'll play for rest of season....excellent. Not worried about Ewers. ISU held Deuce to like 20 yards the week before, great to see our run game have success. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Watts injury really hurt, credit to coaches for messing with different options even though results were not great. 

Sark's time management in the second half was curious. Really slowed down the tempo.

Pretty sure you answered your question with your previous statement.

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Why would he. He’s for sure getting drafted. 

Because college players can get paid now, and being in college is fun sometimes, and you can get another degree. So there's not necessarily a rush.

I mean, there's definitely a lot of other reasons he would go. He'll get paid better; running backs have shorter careers so it's better to start early; etc. But there is at least one reason to stay.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Sark's time management in the second half was curious. Really slowed down the tempo. Would love to hear someone ask him about that in the PC today. If it was to give RBs a breather between plays while we were pounding the ball on last scoring drive, okay fine. But watching that live was brutal. Felt like we were playing right into Campbell/ISU's hands by shortening the game. And it almost fucking burned us. 

Really hot day for middle of October. Quinn was really off against the Cyclones.  Multiple injuries occurred on the Horns defense Saturday, and it was an unbelievably physical game. Sark protecting his banged up undermanned defense by taking time off the clock was the right move.

Horns winning time of possession against Cyclones was a HUGE factor in coming away with this win.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

To be fair to them, Colt's sophomore slump was very real.

To be fair to Colt, that’s ignoring the context of replacing essentially his entire national championship winning, NFL playing OL between his freshman and sophomore years.

It was a stupid idea at the time, and it only looked worse in hindsight.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Because college players can get paid now, and being in college is fun sometimes, and you can get another degree. So there's not necessarily a rush.

I mean, there's definitely a lot of other reasons he would go. He'll get paid better; running backs have shorter careers so it's better to start early; etc. But there is at least one reason to stay.

We are one of the only ones paying him, so I mean...idk about that. 

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Sark's time management in the second half was curious. Really slowed down the tempo. Would love to hear someone ask him about that in the PC today.

My assumption was that he was trying to help the defense.  They needed to rest and regroup.  He had a 10 point lead in the 3rd. Against that offense, it should have been enough.