Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

27 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t believe that’s correct. I swore I read that the SEC chooses the teams to participate based on their conference standing from the previous year.

those sec teams that don’t participate then end up matching a game with the American through some kind of deal.

Missouri and Ole Miss finished 12th and 13th respectively in the conference last year, while aggy finished 5th.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Missouri and Ole Miss finished 12th and 13th respectively in the conference last year, while aggy finished 5th.

Oops I was looking at the year before. Yeah it seems random or whatever. Not sure how UGA and SC keep ducking this challenge to the tune of 6 times each in 10 years. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

They play Ole Miss. favored bigly. -9.5

A&M hasn’t participated since 2020-21. They missed like 3 of the 10 challenges. 3-4 with 3 DNPs

Georgia and SC will have 6 DNPs after this year. Florida hasn’t missed a single year. 

Texas is the only B12 program with a DNP bc of the 2021 cancellation with UK due to Covid 

1688429948_giphy(7).gif.282fc24dfaf76ed54f69937502c8e230.gif

Pretty sure Cal used Covid as an excuse as the Cats were sucking hind tit that season. 

Interesting how these things get scheduled makes no rhyme or reason imo... Texas played UGa twice with both times in Athens, Vandy twice in Austin and would've played UK twice in Rupp if not for "covid".  They're doing it right this season in some aspect with UT/UT & KU/UK pretty much doing a Home&Home like I always thought it should be. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Edited by Underdog
The fuck?!

Porter starts his run today for the tourney.  Still believe in him.  But he's lucky the bball coach gets plenty of leeway in Norman.  Not gonna lie, I'll miss this conference for hoops for sure.  But carrying the league just wasn't sustainable for football and we all know, everything revolves around football...even KU hoops would agree, even though they're obviously not happy about it.  

• Like 1

AP voters dropping Texas 3 spots for losing in Ames was hilarious (and then winning relatively drama free in Morgantown).

Houston is struggling at home to Cincy as well. 

Why do we even have an AP poll in bball?

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

I normally don't go too hard for the conference rah-rah shit, but Bama and Auburn are a combined 14-2 in SEC play, and neither one even showed up for the first half on the road against two teams that are a combined 4-12 in the Big 12.  

That said, the day is young.  

Edited by Paul Wesley

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I wonder what the record is

Three-Point Field-Goal
Percentage
(Min. 10 made) 100.0%—Indiana St. vs.
Southern Ill., Feb. 11, 2012 (12 of 12)
(Min. 15 made) 83.3%—Eastern Ky. vs. UNC
Asheville, Jan. 14, 1987 (15 of 18); BethuneCookman vs. South Carolina St., Feb. 3, 2014
(15 of 18)
(Min. 20 attempted) 80.9%—Wofford vs. VMI,
Feb. 8, 2016 (17 of 21); Bethune-Cookman
vs. South Carolina St., Feb. 3, 2014 (15 of 18)

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Would you say "It just means more"? 

I guess. I am a little tired of every season being we have this great November and December just to get chewed up every conference season. It would be nice to have a few bottom feeders to feast on sometimes.

If that is meaningful to you well I can't fault somebody finding meaning in their lives.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I guess. I am a little tired of every season being we have this great November and December just to get chewed up every conference season. It would be nice to have a few bottom feeders to feast on sometimes.

Oh I totally agree.  Big 12 Basketball is a grind and the best conference top to bottom. 

I was mocking the SEC as they try to apply the same logic to their  football (and pretty much every sport).

Edited by horngrad03
And they are wrong!

6 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Oh I totally agree.  Big 12 Basketball is a grind and the best conference top to bottom. 

I was mocking the SEC as they try to apply the same logic to their  football (and pretty much every sport).

Gotcha. I thought you were making fun of me for conference pride. Totally not where I was going there.

Yeah being first in the SEC clearly doesn't mean much.

• Hook 'Em 1