Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also, reminder that randi trew lost her job at frenship HS due to her verbal abuse of her kids, among other things. so if that’s really worse than drunk driving, then being so verbally abusive to the kids you’re in charge of that the school lets you go despite having just led the team to its best ever season says a lot about the poor, helpless, blameless victim of chris beard’s “abuse”.

I witnessed Randi in action when she was coaching at Frenship against my daughter’s VB team. I knew the first time we played them, that she was certifiable. Crazy temper…it wasn’t pretty.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Interesting stat mentioned by the broadcast about the fiancé beater:

0-12 in his last 12 games against ranked opponents on the road.

not super surprising considering he’s been coaching in the two best leagues in cbb and that the regular season has never been his thing. i guess it’s a little surprising that the number is that high, but not shocking. meanwhile rick barnes has road wins at wisconsin and kentucky this year alone. nobody will care if tennessee doesn’t make the elite 8 or better.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Rage+1 1

not super surprising considering he’s been coaching in the two best leagues in cbb and that the regular season has never been his thing. i guess it’s a little surprising that the number is that high, but not shocking. meanwhile rick barnes has road wins at wisconsin and kentucky this year alone. nobody will care if tennessee doesn’t make the elite 8 or better.

giphy.gif
  • Haha 7

I'm old and lazy, someone give me the brief update on this situation. All I see is Ole Miss losing every time I see a score against a good team and then I see they're #62 in KenPom. He just not get his guys yet or what? As of right now his team is shittier than ours. 

39 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm old and lazy, someone give me the brief update on this situation. All I see is Ole Miss losing every time I see a score against a good team and then I see they're #62 in KenPom. He just not get his guys yet or what? As of right now his team is shittier than ours. 

considering Ole Miss is a basketball wasteland and they were 12-21 last year losing to good and bad teams on the reg, I'd say he is ahead of schedule.  whether he keeps building on it is TBD.

58 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Their two Q1 wins are at A&M and at UCF. They also beat Mississippi State at home. UCF isn't making the tournament. A&M and Miss State are probably borderline right now. Hard to make a case for an at-large bid if you look up at the end of the year and have only beaten 1 tournament-level team.

So yes, the trend is they lose when they play a team with a pulse. But as was pointed out above, the bar for success is extremely low at a school like Ole Miss, so for it being year 1 is he doing a good job in their eyes.

Oh I'm sure he's doing a fine job relatively speaking but at the same time it's basketball in the transfer portal era. It's a lot easier to have a first season turnaround in that sport right now than any other college sport ever. Obviously time will tell but I'd bet on him to have on-court success, of course. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

They also have a 7 footer and a 7’5 kid 

god damn 

The funny thing is they both only play about 15 minutes a game. Beard still loves his smaller lineups and plays Brakefield (6'8) as the tallest guy on the floor at times, not too different than what he did here.

I don't think he dislikes size as much as he just likes being able to deploy his defense a certain way.

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

rick barnes wins a ton in the regular season, doesn’t win in the tourney, you say he sucks.

chris beard loses double digits in the regular season every year and is a tourney dynamo and you crush him for not winning more in the regular season.

and people say texas fans have unrealistic expectations.

Post COVID Beard's NCAA tournament record is getting to the 2nd round twice. That's it. 2-2.

He had two good years at Tech and other than that the 2nd round is as far as he's gone.

His tourney record is not that much better than Shaka fucking Smart's except he had 2 good years instead of 1. Little early to call him a "tourney dynamo."

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

If I say that this year's team is a few points and 2 bad losses from being 4th in the Big 12 and sitting pretty you tell me that's Aggy talk.

Yet here you are writing fan fiction about what might have happened if Chris Beard was not a fucking idiot who got arrested for a physical altercation with a woman.

You can't make this shit up

Edited by MotownHorn

16 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Interesting stat mentioned by the broadcast about the fiancé beater:

0-12 in his last 12 games against ranked opponents on the road.

So Rodney Terry has two more top 25 road wins in the last 3 weeks than Saint Chris Beard has in the last 2-3 years?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Okay.

What does her being a woman have to do with anything? Would Texas still fired him if it was his gay lover? Would the innanet message boards care as much?

1) if you’re a grown adult and you don’t understand why it’s worse for a man to get into a physical altercation with a woman than a man I don’t think anything I say will change that. That’s on your parents, not me.

2) ok fine you’re right. It doesn’t matter at all. The specifics of the felony he was charged with matter less than the fact that his dumbass got charged with a felony the night before a game and we all got to see pictures of him in a prison jumpsuit by the time the game tipped off

55 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Post COVID Beard's NCAA tournament record is getting to the 2nd round twice. That's it. 2-2.

He had two good years at Tech and other than that the 2nd round is as far as he's gone.

His tourney record is not that much better than Shaka fucking Smart's except he had 2 good years instead of 1. Little early to call him a "tourney dynamo."

San Diego st head coach made the finals.  Is he considered a top 3 coach like beard is (at surly anyway)?

47 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Okay.

What does her being a woman have to do with anything? Would Texas still fired him if it was his gay lover? Would the innanet message boards care as much?

Yes.  Texas fired Bev Kearney 

Beard certainly has the potential to become a “tourney dynamo” and top coach. But he hasn’t really earned those labels yet. Maybe he would have last year and maybe he wouldn’t have. We’ll never know thanks to his own dumb actions 

He has as many final four appearances as Shaka at this point in time.

2 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Beard certainly has the potential to become a “tourney dynamo” and top coach. But he hasn’t really earned those labels yet.

•took UALR (no.235 in kenpom the previous year) to a 30 win season, made the tourney and won a game in his first/only year

•took Texas f’ing Tech to the elite 8 and then national title game in his second and third year

•took over a Texas roster that was ready to win about 5 total games when he arrived and in his first season as HC led Texas to its first tourney win since 2014 with a team that had zero shooting, athleticism, or nba talent 

•built and drilled his second texas roster so well that rodney f’ing terry won the big xii tourney and took them to the elite 8

•has never lost in the first round

•has 10 tourney wins in 4 tourney appearances, meaning his average tourney appearance sees him playing in the second weekend

he’s the textbook definition of a tourney dynamo/top coach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

•took UALR (no.235 in kenpom the previous year) to a 30 win season, made the tourney and won a game in his first/only year

•took Texas f’ing Tech to the elite 8 and national title games in his second and third year

•took over a Texas roster that was ready to win about 5 total games when he arrived and in his first season as HC led Texas to its first tourney win since 2014 with a team that had zero shooting, athleticism, or nba talent 

•built and drilled his second texas roster so well that rodney f’ing terry won the big xii tourney and took them to the elite 8

•has 10 tourney wins in 4 tourney appearances

Too bad we will never know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

•took Texas f’ing Tech to the elite 8 and then national title game in his second and third year

•has 10 tourney wins in 4 tourney appearances, meaning his average tourney appearance sees him playing in the second weekend

oh yeah and he did all of this with zero nba players. but you’re right, there’s no evidence that he’s a top coach/great in the tourney.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Chuckle. Beard did better than most, but he was part of a pretty good program in Lubbock:

https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1757254326504816834?s=20

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah but other than that, he's Shaka Smart....said someone.

• Haha 2

I go with facts instead of speculation.

The fact is he has as many Final 4 appearances as Shaka. Y'all are pining for a dude who will never be at Texas again due to his own terrible fuckup and has as many Final Fours as Shaka.

I find it sad tbh.

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

3 guys on that team were drafted and 4th (Coleman) was signed as an undrafted free agent

25% of the team you say had "zero NBA talent" were drafted or signed 

Those are facts and not feelings

5 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

3 guys on that team were drafted and 4th (Coleman) was signed as an undrafted free agent

25% of the team you say had "zero NBA talent" were drafted or signed 

Those are facts and not feelings

here is shaka’s last team:

IMG_8562.thumb.jpeg.95132277acc0bd8be278d7252104dd39.jpeg

here is beard’s first team:

IMG_8561.thumb.jpeg.99635a36d3c379f03d491c5b835c8515.jpeg

and those red, white, and blue logos are indicators that a guy played in the nba. but great stuff as usual motown. you talking about making posts based on feelings instead of facts is hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

56 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

The fact is he has as many Final 4 appearances as Shaka.

you keep saying this, insinuating that chris beard is no better in the tourney than shaka smart is, when that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Shaka’s career and tourney accomplishments:

•2010- CBI champ

•2011- Final Four with worst at-large team ever (and the pinnacle of his tourney career)

•2012- second round as a 12 seed

•2013- second round loss by 25 pts in a 4/5 game

•2014- 1st round loss to SFA as a 5 seed

•2015- 1st round loss as a 7 seed

•2016- 1st round loss to Northern Iowa as a 6 seed

•2017- finished last in the big xii, missed the tourney

•2018- blew 14 point second half lead in 1st round loss to nevada 

•2019- won the NIT

•2020- would have missed the tourney barring a conference tourney title 

•2021- lost to ACU in the worst tourney performance i’ve ever seen 

•2022- lost by 28 in an 8 vs 9 matchup 

•2023- lost by 9 in second round as a 2 seed

vs

Chris Beard career and tourney accomplishments:

•2016: beat (kenpom no.9) purdue as a 12 seed with UALR coming off a terrible season with a patchwork roster comprised of transfers 

•2017: no postseason in first year at TTU

•2018: Elite 8

2019: national runner up, loss in OT to no.1 overall seed

2020: no tourney due to pandemic 

2021: made second round as a 6 seed

2022: won Texas’s first tourney game since 2014 with a patchwork roster that was built in three months

shaka smart has as many tourney wins since 2011 as chris beard got in his second year/first tourney at TTU. but yeah, they’re basically the same guy. 🙄 

• Hook 'Em 4