2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

KWTX's feed in Waco right now is impressive with a bouncing funnel cloud out in Hamilton County. Also, wife is a Waco ISD teacher and they're releasing kids early at 2:45 which should be right in time for Waco to get hit by this storm. I'm not sure why they don't delay release instead, but whatever.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yuck. This feels like the most bullseye and intense forecast I've seen for Austin in a while. Normally we're on the edge of things and they really get going to the east. This one everyone seems to be in agreement it's going to hit hard.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yuck. This feels like the most bullseye and intense forecast I've seen for Austin in a while. Normally we're on the edge of things and they really get going to the east. This one everyone seems to be in agreement it's going to hit hard.

Yep. It’s blue sky here in 78717 but winds really picking up. That plus the heat…gonna be a wild night. I honestly cannot remember the last time a thunderstorm popped up like the one near Hamilton and became that dangerous that fast. The shots from space on this storm are ridiculous. 

46 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

KWTX's feed in Waco right now is impressive with a bouncing funnel cloud out in Hamilton County. Also, wife is a Waco ISD teacher and they're releasing kids early at 2:45 which should be right in time for Waco to get hit by this storm. I'm not sure why they don't delay release instead, but whatever.

Brady Taylor is really good at this.  

Wife works at Harmony and it's the same deal. Midway sent a msg at 2 to come get your kids asap and I did.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

James-franco-first-time GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Back during the Jarrell tornado catastrophe I was a student at UT and lived off Far West. I very intentionally got a covered parking space for my Jeep as I had a close call the year before where I had to go throw comforters over it.

I came home from class and there was a Mercedes parked in my reserved spot.

Your off-the-shelf Home Depot extension cord is quite durable. I wrapped around the back axle and pulled that fucker into the street. Not thinking ahead that also meant I had to watch my Jeep from a window until the guy came out and drove off.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Walser said:

Back during the Jarrell tornado catastrophe I was a student at UT and lived off Far West. I very intentionally got a covered parking space for my Jeep as I had a close call the year before where I had to go throw comforters over it.

I came home from class and there was a Mercedes parked in my reserved spot.

Your off-the-shelf Home Depot extension cord is quite durable. I wrapped around the back axle and pulled that fucker into the street. Not thinking ahead that also meant I had to watch my Jeep from a window until the guy came out and drove off.

Not during a weather scare, but some fuckhead parked in our covered parking when we lived off Great Hills trail in a complex with shit parking.  We were coming back from a trip and had heaps of shit to unload, so we were rightfully pissed (at the time).  Wife wrote a sternly worded letter and gave em what for. 

Turned out, the person who parked there was a family member of a person living in one of the units that had rushed over after the individual took a lethal dose of something in a suicide attempt.  Car owner hurriedly parked in the only spot they could so they could rush in and help save their life, then left with them in an ambulance so was with them at the hospital and couldnt move the car obviously.  They apologized but my wife was nearly in tears for having written the note.  

Season 7 Oops GIF by WorkaholicsGIF by chuber channel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Not during a weather scare, but some fuckhead parked in our covered parking when we lived off Great Hills trail in a complex with shit parking.  We were coming back from a trip and had heaps of shit to unload, so we were rightfully pissed (at the time).  Wife wrote a sternly worded letter and gave em what for. 

Turned out, the person who parked there was a family member of a person living in one of the units that had rushed over after the individual took a lethal dose of something in a suicide attempt.  Car owner hurriedly parked in the only spot they could so they could rush in and help save their life, then left with them in an ambulance so was with them at the hospital and couldnt move the car obviously.  They apologized but my wife was nearly in tears for having written the note.  

Season 7 Oops GIF by WorkaholicsGIF by chuber channel

Nah, you're fine. In the state of Texas, it would be legal to shoot to kill in that situation. 

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Dang! Just took one similar. It’s fucking windy!  Your picture is better. IMG_6113.thumb.jpeg.395fc669417a25e027b1f2c1c96f4bf9.jpeg

I can't explain it but that cloud formation looks like a donut/bagel gesturing with its arms out like "come at me bro..."

stay safe folks.  Pressure starting to drop in South Austin.  Not drastic but palpable.  

• Haha 2