2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

32 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Not during a weather scare, but some fuckhead parked in our covered parking when we lived off Great Hills trail in a complex with shit parking.  We were coming back from a trip and had heaps of shit to unload, so we were rightfully pissed (at the time).  Wife wrote a sternly worded letter and gave em what for. 

Turned out, the person who parked there was a family member of a person living in one of the units that had rushed over after the individual took a lethal dose of something in a suicide attempt.  Car owner hurriedly parked in the only spot they could so they could rush in and help save their life, then left with them in an ambulance so was with them at the hospital and couldnt move the car obviously.  They apologized but my wife was nearly in tears for having written the note.  

Season 7 Oops GIF by WorkaholicsGIF by chuber channel

I might have done a few poorly thought out reactions as a teenager. Dammit I love this reply.

I would not do that now. I would be annoyed, but it's just a car.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My brother is like, “Hey Nicole let’s go drive around and try to intercept a tornado!” Ummmmm…tempting…

Let me guess, your adventures are gonna take you to Rainey Street this evening to warn out of town visitors of pending water-based dangers?  ;)  

If you do venture out with your brother, be careful.  I don't think it'll be that much of a significant weather event but just coupled with Friday traffic and general springtime dumbassery in Austin, could get fucking weird here in a hot minute.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It feels like it’s pitch black legit…now. Still all the sudden and big winds and cool air…yikes looks like hail is coming soon. My mom just got back from Georgetown where it appears the worst of it is. And Granger I guess.

IMG_6118.jpeg

Yup.  You are about to get it

1 minute ago, Blotto said:
Edited by leaf