2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if this thing holds anyone on shoal creek or bull creek needs to get their shit away from the banks because (may the forcefield not be with us) it's going to train right over 2222 and lamar for an hour

Not far away from there, but uphill from it so not worried.

There's a homeless camp that's near a fishing spot on Shoal Creek that we like to use, so that's probably gone...not saying it's good or bad, but it's clear that it was in an area that floods when Shoal Creek gets up, so they bought their tickets or something.

3 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

Got > penny hail. Covered windshields with cardboard. Seems to have held. Jollyville. Rain just about done.

Yeah, covered with some old blankets we keep in the car for this kind of stuff/camping, etc., and that seems to have diverted the hail since I threw them on the windshield while it was raining hard.

Jeez, what a day.  6 AM Austin - Tyler, loaded two cars, back to Austin by 4:30 PM, unloaded by 5:15 PM.  I'm glad we avoided the I35 route through Waco and stayed as east as possible, just barely skirting the southern edge of that storm.  Got dangerously close to College Station, though.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jeez, what a day.  6 AM Austin - Tyler, loaded two cars, back to Austin by 4:30 PM, unloaded by 5:15 PM.  I'm glad we avoided the I35 route through Waco and stayed as east as possible, just barely skirting the southern edge of that storm.  Got dangerously close to College Station, though.

Did Jimbo offer?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2