Texas vs. Arkansas - College World Series

Both Tacos

Didn't South Carolina lose their first game 11-0 in 02, and then personally eliminate everyone on their side of the bracket before they faced us in the 'ship?

We can still win this game, it's not over, but even if we don't, it's a double elimination format for a reason.  Only one of the four teams that started 2-0 in the last two world series even made it to the championship.

This loss would really suck, but it's not like it's all over even if Texas can't get a game 1 W

• Like 4

I'm still ready for the next at least 15.5 innings of Texas baseball that we still have this season. The team has greatly exceeded expectations, so let's enjoy what little ride is left of this season and look forward to next season.

Stop sounding grateful it’s not our thing

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I'm still ready for the next at least 15.5 innings of Texas baseball that we still have this season. The team has greatly exceeded expectations, so let's enjoy what little ride is left of this season and look forward to next season.

Appreciate every Kody at bat remaining, bc not only he's leaving, but it'll be the last Clemens for quite a few years.

I mean, damn, I've already been going through a Shipley withdrawal for the past few years

4 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Didn't South Carolina lose their first game 11-0 in 02, and then personally eliminate everyone on their side of the bracket before they faced us in the 'ship?

We can still win this game, it's not over, but even if we don't, it's a double elimination format for a reason.  Only one of the four teams that started 2-0 in the last two world series even made it to the championship.

This loss would really suck, but it's not like it's all over even if Texas can't get a game 1 W

Goddammit xwing. Niw it REALLY over. 

30 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Omaha is the standard, and we met it earlier than expected. We need to learn how to play better away from the Disch, get a few arms and few more hitters and we good. Today isn't on Pierce. 

Top 10 round draft picks on our side of the bracket: 

Florida 5, Arkansas 5, Tech 4, Texas 1. 

Still lots of baseball to be played but Pierce maximized the talent level this year. Just have to get more elite bats and arms. 

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Top 10 round draft picks on our side of the bracket: 

Florida 5, Arkansas 5, Tech 4, Texas 1. 

Still lots of baseball to be played but Pierce maximized the talent level this year. Just have to get more elite bats and arms. 

21 new players, and it's not like the teams on our side of the bracket are scrubs.  If Washington was just pushing us around like we have been like this inning I'd be annoyed. Arkansas was a top 5 preseason team and I don't think has been ranked outside the top 10 at any point this season

9 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

21 new players, and it's not like the teams on our side of the bracket are scrubs.  If Washington was just pushing us around like we have been like this inning I'd be annoyed. Arkansas was a top 5 preseason team and I don't think has been ranked outside the top 10 at any point this season

No doubt. We're good. As the Big 12 championship and CWS appearance prove. 

We just aren't national title good yet. Aren't talented enough. Even Washington has more top 10 round draft picks than us. 

7 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

Just curious, how many top 10 round draft picks did we have in 2002 and 2005?

I think it was a lot. Off the top of my head, Justin Simmons, JP Howell and Huston Street both high picks with Huston being rookie of the year.

Thigpen, Seth Johnston, Buck Cody, and Quintanilla to name a few.

According to this, at least 10 players in that stretch.  A few more if you count guys like Stubbs that were around in 06 but played a lot in 04 & 05

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

3 each year

2002 Bomer (4), Hubele (8), Halsey (8)

2005 Cox (2), Teagarden (3), Johnston (5)

We had 5 each in 2003 and 2004.

This is the biggest thing. Even outside of '02 and '05 the roster was still loaded which is why we produced 5 draft picks in '03 and '04. How many draft picks in '06 the following year? 

I'm not sure we have another top 10 round pick on the roster right now. Maybe Henley if he has a big year next year. I do think we have a lot of good players which is why we are in the CWS and have a Big 12 title. We just lack the elite talents that the favorites have at Oregon State, Tech, Florida and Arkansas. 

Edited by texasstrong12

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hamilton might have the tools to be drafted that high next year, but I’m struggling to see any other position players that got regular playing time this season. 

Oh forgot about Hamilton. You're right. He will go in the top 10 rounds. 

Maybe Zubia too that I think about it. 

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, this thread sure got pussified.  Have y'all actually not watched this team this year?

Got?  After game 1 last weekend, we were lucky to be on our home field with an ohio valley team.