Texas vs. Arkansas - College World Series

Both Tacos

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't love the options after Sawyer and PJR for more than an inning or two. 

Which is why Pierce is probably just going to throw FR arms or back of the bullpen type arms to finish this off. 

Our bullpen is limited so it doesn't make much sense chasing a game in this situation. 

If this was a 1 run game I bet Sawyer would come back out. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Which is why Pierce is probably just going to throw FR arms or back of the bullpen type arms to finish this off. 

Our bullpen is limited so it doesn't make much sense chasing a game in this situation. 

If this was a 1 run game I bet Sawyer would come back out. 

Yeah, geez.  We have avoided this kind of shitshow assiduously for the latter half of the season.  It's almost irrecoverable unless Arky breaks out in fuckups.

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, geez.  We have avoided this kind of shitshow assiduously for the latter half of the season.  It's almost irrecoverable unless Arky breaks out in fuckups.

Bullpen is the area where we should see a lot of improvement next year. 

Getting Diaz back from injury and hopefully Ridgeway getting out of his funk would be a significant shot in the arm. Plus some of these FR arms (Fields and Elder) should improve out of the pen. 

PJR, Sawyer, and McGuire have all been good this year at times but they were never arms we were really expecting to contribute this much. This is why I've never been on the "Phil Haig sucks" bandwagon. Our bullpen being decent this year is a miracle. 

Edited by texasstrong12