Texas vs. Arkansas - College World Series

Both Tacos

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Horns hold 74-35 record over piggie as of today.

Yeah, but their last three games against us, they're outscored us something like 137-6.  

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

At least we shocked the nation.

Yup, mildly so, and set the record for WS appearrances.  All good.   Like I said in my earlier post, we're playing with house money.  We got further than most thought.  
The tourney is not over for us but we are absolutely one of the lower talents of the 8 teams, and there is a pretty huge gap.  Shit can happen, but we're nowhere near the best college baseball team.  I think even Pierce knew it yesterday, his press comments were pretty unconfident. 

It's okay.  They can build on this.  Hell they could even grab a win (though I would NOT want to go up against the Tech/Florida loser). 
Like I said, it's all house money.  

Yup, mildly so, and set the record for WS appearrances.  All good.   Like I said in my earlier post, we're playing with house money.  We got further than most thought.  
The tourney is not over for us but we are absolutely one of the lower talents of the 8 teams, and there is a pretty huge gap.  Shit can happen, but we're nowhere near the best college baseball team.  I think even Pierce knew it yesterday, his press comments were pretty unconfident. 
It's okay.  They can build on this.  Hell they could even grab a win (though I would NOT want to go up against the Tech/Florida loser). 
Like I said, it's all house money.  
It's also makes me excited that this coach can make an overachiever out of a spare more often than not. Seasons like this can be a bell cow on the recruiting trail, too. The future is bright. Even brighter if they delay their departure from Omaha a little while longer.
  • Like 1