2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Cuts off before explaining why anyone was out on a ball 4. 

Because he overslid the bag.  He advanced to second safely as entitled to do, then came off of second and was tagged.

This isn't the first time this has happened this season.  It seemed like it happened to Washington the first time, too.

C’mon, Oakland. Your team is arguably the most exciting thing going in baseball right now.  They are in the thick of the playoff hunt.  They are locked in a mortal battle with another high-profile playoff team in September.   And you can only put 17.5K in the seats?
Pathetic.  

It’s why they have been begging to find a new stadium for a while. Curious to how this plays out for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/amp/A-s-eliminate-season-ticket-plan-introduce-new-13116686.php

8 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

It’s why they have been begging to find a new stadium for a while. Curious to how this plays out for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/amp/A-s-eliminate-season-ticket-plan-introduce-new-13116686.php

That stupid fucking community college blocked our downtown stadium proposal (we even got the politicians onboard! That's a miracle in Oakland) so it looks like we'll have to build on the Coli site. It's got decent transit links but South Oakland is ...not the greatest.

That stupid fucking community college blocked our downtown stadium proposal (we even got the politicians onboard! That's a miracle in Oakland) so it looks like we'll have to build on the Coli site. It's got decent transit links but South Oakland is ...not the greatest.

I honestly don’t think I would build any stadium in any sport without having really great transit links.

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I honestly don’t think I would build any stadium in any sport without having really great transit links.

It's good enough - it has a BART and Amtrak station and it's next to the highway. It's not a hub like the downtown site but it works. There's just nothing to do around it.

19 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Interesting pull there by Boone

seriously. Happ has given up 2 hits, he's at 78 pitches, and with a lefty coming up he pulls him to being in a righty. Strange decision, and i was pulling for a Piscotty bomb to make him pay. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

C’mon, Oakland. Your team is arguably the most exciting thing going in baseball right now.  They are in the thick of the playoff hunt.  They are locked in a mortal battle with another high-profile playoff team in September.   And you can only put 17.5K in the seats?

Pathetic.  

They should move to Charlotte or Austin.

4 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Flowers was not real pumped with the way he crossed HP either. 

He didn't run right away, but his reaction was more of disbelief than trying to show anyone up.  (He looked kind of like Fred Sanford having a heart attack.)

Then he went back into the dugout and couldn't stop smiling.

And he's in the field now, and still can't stop smiling.  

Edited by Beau Vine