2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

ESPN crying about Yankee injuri3s and their recent swoon...along with prospect of having to go to Oakland for WC game.

No.  No other team has lost pitching or their superstars this season.  None at all.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:21 PM, TonyTexas said:

What’s the best division in baseball this year? I might be biased but I think the AL West narrowly beats out the AL East simply because of Baltimore. The NL Central is 3rd. They could have 3 playoff teams but none blow me away. . Then the NL West, NL East with the AL Central obviously bringing up the rear.

Here are the cumulative projected wins for each division using BPro's 3rd order winning %s:

AL East: 375.6; AL Central: 306.2; AL West: 394.6.

NL East: 366.1; NL Central: 374.6; NL West: 372.7.

AL West has clearly performed the best this season, and the AL Central has been an absolute shit show.  NL is a much more balanced league than the AL, both between divisions and between the best and worst teams.

At two strikes, Gallo has done very little damage this year. He enters Friday's series at San Diego with a two-strike slash line of .090/.222/.201/.423. It is historically low for the situation, even when considering that pitchers have a pronounced advantage with two strikes.

Over the 30 years that the stat has been tracked, Gallo's batting average is the second lowest among the 1,417 players with at least 300 plate appearances that have extended to two strikes. His OPS is 24th lowest.

Damn, 1416 out of 1417, that’s some random shit.