Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

41 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Looks scripted. Woodley raised his left to protect as the punch starts and then drops it just before the punch released. Seems fake.

And to anyone who thinks Jake Paul has skills I’m sorry to tell you but no he doesn’t. Anyone can throw punches when there’s no worry of being hit back.

yeah, I mean I just didn't want to come off as a hater.  You're right, easy to throw a haymaker at basically a 40 year old punching bag.  Woodley is in on this, this is not a sport.  If Paul is so tough he should fight the 25th ranked LHW in boxing.  

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’d like to see him fight anyone who’s actually a boxer since this is boxing. I wish he would get in the ring with some lightweight and just get fucked up.

Pretty much this.  May as well challenge Darrell Revis (old, washed up) to a ping pong match.  Rigged ping pong match

4 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Looks scripted. Woodley raised his left to protect as the punch starts and then drops it just before the punch released. Seems fake.

And to anyone who thinks Jake Paul has skills I’m sorry to tell you but no he doesn’t. Anyone can throw punches when there’s no worry of being hit back.

Could be scripted.  I’m not in the camp that I think Paul can be a professional boxer but, if real that was some punch against an old guy

I don't think Woodley meant to get knocked the fuck out, but he sure as hell wasn't in there to win a fight.

I'll give Paul credit for training hard and developing some skill.  He's earned that and he's made it at least a little bit less of a sideshow.

But if he wants to be taken seriously, let's see him box a 190-lb pro boxer and not a washed-up former 170-lb MMA fighter.  Or, if he wants to fight MMA guys, let's see him do it under MMA rules.

Because there are literally thousands of boxers and MMA fighters who can take this kid.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Or, if he wants to fight MMA guys, let's see him do it under MMA rules.

That would be a laugh. 

I don't know if there are thousands of boxers that could take him - but he hasn't done anything to prove that there aren't. He can clearly hit and is in really good shape. I'd like to see him against someone that can actually dance and work up a punch count on him. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That would be a laugh. 

I don't know if there are thousands of boxers that could take him - but he hasn't done anything to prove that there aren't. He can clearly hit and is in really good shape. I'd like to see him against someone that can actually dance and work up a punch count on him. 

Or that’s actually trying.  This is pro wrestling

13 hours ago, TexArcher said:

But if he wants to be taken seriously, let's see him box a 190-lb pro boxer and not a washed-up former 170-lb MMA fighter.  Or, if he wants to fight MMA guys, let's see him do it under MMA rules.

Because there are literally thousands of boxers and MMA fighters who can take this kid.

Well see, there ain't a lotta money in getting your ass beat, and that's what this is obviously all about. If he was interested in boxing as a career he would be fighting, you know......other boxers. I give him credit for creating the media hype that makes him a lot of money. He's just another hustler/scammer/douche doing what they do. We all know he wont be boxing real boxers or fighting MMA fighters using MMA rules, but I have no doubt the show will go on as long as he can milk it. And then he'll find a new hustle.

https://www.inputmag.com/culture/jake-paul-financial-freedom-movement-scam-pyramid-scheme

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Well see, there ain't a lotta money in getting your ass beat, and that's what this is obviously all about. If he was interested in boxing as a career he would be fighting, you know......other boxers. I give him credit for creating the media hype that makes him a lot of money. He's just another hustler/scammer/douche doing what they do. We all know he wont be boxing real boxers or fighting MMA fighters using MMA rules, but I have no doubt the show will go on as long as he can milk it. And then he'll find a new hustle.

https://www.inputmag.com/culture/jake-paul-financial-freedom-movement-scam-pyramid-scheme

Yep, him and his brother are winning. The suckers paying, thinking it's a real fight, are the losers.  

I haven't seen a punch that clean since......well.....since he knocked out Ben Askren

On 12/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, hobbes2702 said:

That's the thing - if you watch it in real time, it happens so fast and smooth, no way they could have scripted it, because neither one of them is that good, whether boxing or faking it.  I think Woodley just fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's the thing - if you watch it in real time, it happens so fast and smooth, no way they could have scripted it, because neither one of them is that good, whether boxing or faking it.  I think Woodley just fucked up.

I think Woodley was there to stand still and get hit and lose a decision.  I don't think he expected to get all narcoleptic.  But who knows.

Edited by TexArcher

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Like I said - if that's the case then Woodley is too slow to be in a ring with a dude in his athletic prime that has proven he has hands.

But a lot of people probably knew that going in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Spence v Crawford finally going to happen it seems. 

it fucking better.  its the biggest fight in boxing and has been ever since canelo and ggg finally fought.  luckily, neither guy is past his prime yet.  make it happen this fall and let's fucking go!