• Yes, whenever possible
    • No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Could not disagree more. My gun will NEVER be a risk to you unless you provoke the response- i.e. guns don't just shoot themselves. I've shared many times on here I have had guns around and accessible for most of my life. It's a tool just like anything else around the house.  I carry a scissor jack in the vehicle, it's not going to spontaneously start lifting up the truck.  Neither will a ( properly stowed) gun just start shooting.

Responsible ownership of guns means having that sense about you that it is a last resort.  Just like you seem to not understand that or be well within your rights to disagree; I don't see the threat to anyone else by my ownership of guns.  There are very few reasons to take them from me, that are not rooted in control and manipulation.  That is why the notion meets such resistance.

Now I just want to know if you carry a Scissor Jack around with you even if you're pretty sure you'll never need to use it...  you know, because they are equivalents. 

25 minutes ago, locodos said:

Now I just want to know if you carry a Scissor Jack around with you even if you're pretty sure you'll never need to use it...  you know, because they are equivalents. 

Last summer I had to go get a floor jack for my son to change a flat on his Jeep Cherokee in a parking lot at the Tesla factory. 
Elon didn’t have one available at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/31/2023 at 8:53 PM, aggie08 said:

Your reading compensation blows, dude. Are you in a militia? Are you considering joining one?

Everyone I know owns a gun. I used to and probably will again. None of those people have dramatically impacted the exponential growth of ARs in the past two decade.

Look it up: the rapid rise of militia groups took off at the onset of the Obama era. Just a fact.

Are you even capable of anything other than rehashed talking points?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I carry 100% of the time at our ranch in South Texas and keep an AR or Mini 14 very close.  You would too if your game cameras showed as many illegals in large groups as ours does. I don't want to engage illegals because they are often in large groups. But if they walk up on me, I certainly do not want to be unarmed.

lol shut the fuck up

We own land in South Texas.  Haven't seen a single undocumented crosser to whom we weren't directly related to in 20 years.  They're also better at grammar than most of you.

So how many undocumented crossers have you been related to? How did you know you were related? Were you like “that’s Rodrigo from Xela- I haven’t seen him since the reunion in 1994”.

Follow-up question: did you report these family members to the authorities?

I have so many questions. Where is all of your family coming in from? How fortuitous that they crossed on your land.

Probably in the dozens.  Hard to say.  It's that thing where my mom insists we're related to basically every third person in the RGV and Northern Mexico.  It's exhausting keeping up with the weddings/funerals.  

I don't report humans to the authorities for being humans.  They commit a crime on U.S. soil though?  Then yes, I'd call it in.  

I know it's a huge fucking deal for white people to claim "I'm 7th generation Texan" as if they had anything to do with where they were born.  My mom's family goes back centuries in Texas, Mexico, Israel, Spain, and Portugal.  My father's Germanic heritage goes back centuries to Texas, Illinois, Bavaria, and Austria.  I can move effortlessly through populations given my name, linguistics, and family tree.  I have destroyed lives and legacies of bad people, without every using a gun.  I come as their friend, as a Gringo, as a Latino.  There are multiple people who took their own lives because I willed it so.  To make people destroy themselves without ever even thinking of a firearm is a drug far more potent than gunpowder.  A good guy with a gun can save lives, to be sure.  A bad guy without a gun can level generations, it's the most potent drug God ever intended.  But good luck with your gun shop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Tell me you don’t own land in south texas without telling me you don’t own land in south texas.

Good lord. The idea that groups of undocumented people crossing the border are looking for trouble and will violently attack landowners or whoever else they come across is hilariously stupid.

A large group of undocumented border crossers has every incentive to keep a low profile and actively avoid contact. Landowners turning up dead in the middle of their property would be all over the news. I could go on. You don't need to own land anywhere to understand that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know it's a huge fucking deal for white people to claim "I'm 7th generation Texan" as if they had anything to do with where they were born. 

The immediate follow up to this should always be "Oh, so your family owned slaves?"

Good lord. The idea that groups of undocumented people crossing the border are looking for trouble and will violently attack landowners or whoever else they come across is hilariously stupid.
A large group of undocumented border crossers has every incentive to keep a low profile and actively avoid contact. Landowners turning up dead in the middle of their property would be all over the news. I could go on. You don't need to own land anywhere to understand that.

They aren’t looking for trouble. The coyotes will though…..

Agreed on second paragraph that they want to keep a low profile. Unfortunately they can’t always do that.

We get it - you don’t like guns. Cool.
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

They aren’t looking for trouble. The coyotes will though…..

Agreed on second paragraph that they want to keep a low profile. Unfortunately they can’t always do that.

We get it - you don’t like guns. Cool.

lol you should coach the secondary on backpedaling.

I said nothing about not liking guns. You defended a stupid post with another stupid post and are deflecting.

Y’all pro gun dudes have to at least admit that the folks wearing the tactical gear with all the accessories on their firearms and punisher stickers on their lifted trucks are fucking douchebags. Right? We can find common ground there surely.

Common ground! We did it.

44 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Y’all pro gun dudes have to at least admit that the folks wearing the tactical gear with all the accessories on their firearms and punisher stickers on their lifted trucks are fucking douchebags. Right? We can find common ground there surely.

I own no tactical gear, nor do i drive a lifted truck.

Yep, common indicators of douchebaggery.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:47 PM, FartingMonk said:

Isn't this the same argument for voter id laws?  

Well, the majority of Americans today want there to be financial and time commitment hurdles in place before purchasing a firearm to help combat the very real problem of gun violence.

Only a very specific faction wants to make it more difficult for citizens to vote, very specifically targeting certain demographics and races. Under the very fake guise of "election integrity."

Other than that, sure, completely identical.

On 4/3/2023 at 5:53 AM, BabaYaga said:

Are you even capable of anything other than rehashed talking points?  

Curious how you guys all rallied to make your jokes at my expense when I went off in the weeds a little about the growth of militias, but every single one of you completely ignored this post:

On 3/31/2023 at 2:15 PM, aggie08 said:

Of course not. But we should definitely still try some of them, no?

This idea that a handful of posters have been passing around that common ground on gun reforms can't be found anymore because both sides are too extreme has no basis in reality and is flat out deflection. Only one side has routinely displayed zero interest whatsoever--nada--in finding common ground. They won't even address it anymore.

Plenty of blue-tinted states have reached common ground on statewide gun control measures. No, not all of the laws are perfect. Some are even clumsy and ineffective...but none of them are even remotely in the same ballpark as "We're coming to take your guns" or whatever extremes gunowners are afraid of. Some states are at least fucking trying. But, like North Carolina proved a couple of days ago, Florida proved yesterday (conceal carry without a permit), and the Bruen ruling is going to prove moving forward, the political party owned by the gun lobby will snuff out any and all sensible reforms at earliest opportunity.  

No, the gun lobby will never ever budge an inch; maybe it's time we try to find elected leaders not beholden to them?

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

Honestly, all I ever want in these pointless discussions is a real, honest answer to the following: if it was your kid or grandkid who, god forbid, didn't come home tomorrow, would you voting habits and actions change? I think I know the answer, but I'd be making assumptions, of course.

Edited by aggie08

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Well, the majority of Americans today want there to be financial and time commitment hurdles in place before purchasing a firearm to help combat the very real problem of gun violence.

Only a very specific faction wants to make it more difficult for citizens to vote, very specifically targeting certain demographics and races. Under the very fake guise of "election integrity."

Other than that, sure, completely identical.

Curious how you guys all rallied to make your jokes at my expense when I went off in the weeds a little about the growth of militias, but every single one of you completely ignored this post:

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

Honestly, all I ever want in these pointless discussions is a real, honest answer to the following: if it was your kid or grandkid who, god forbid, didn't come home tomorrow, would you voting habits and actions change? I think I know the answer, but I'd be making assumptions, of course.

That you responded to pushback about platitudes and talking points with more platitudes and talking points.  Good job agy....

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yup. And their equivalent:

too-many-bumper-stickers-3.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

I live in Mexico. My Mexican girlfriend asked me to sneak some guns back in here on my last trip. I didn't .

She wanted them for protecion. Against  other super peaceful Mexicans. 

Let's look at Mexico. The requirements to apply for a firearm license don't sound too stringent:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexicans-have-the-right-to-own-guns-but-few-do/

At least six separate documents are required to buy a gun: a birth certificate, a letter confirming employment, proof of a clean criminal record from the attorney general’s office in the applicant’s home state, a utility bill with current address, a copy of a government-issued ID and a federal social security number.

Like some are advocating here, a national registry, and no CCL:

Gun owners must register every weapon they have, and people say it’s nearly impossible to secure a concealed carry permit, something that’s allowed in the majority of U.S. states.

You send in your paperwork, but the Mexican Government knows what is best for you:

“If I put my papers in ... they’re going to take about three to four, even six months, and then send me a letter telling me that it’s the obligation of the state to provide security for all people in Mexico, so your permit is denied,” said Segurajauregui, who is a professor of design at Mexico’s Metropolitan Autonomous University.

He called that idiotic. “You can’t assign a soldier to preserve the security of each and every one of the people,” he said.

The Mexican Government doesn't really want you to have them anyway:

“It’s preferred not to have a gun, even at home, because there could be accidents or worse, accidents within families due to the mishandling of weapons. It’s like having a match close to a fire,” Tellez said. “It’s an obligation of the state to provide security to the people who live in the country, not for you to take justice into your own hands.”

But why would Mexican citizens want a firearm?

Some people aren’t confident about authorities’ ability to provide security.

On a recent day, Mexico City resident Alejandro Lozano came to pick up a hunting rifle after waiting about a week while his documents were processed. He said he keeps a handgun at home, but wishes he could legally carry it to protect himself from violent robberies targeting bus passengers, motorists at stoplights and customers emerging from banks and ATMs.

Do Mexican citizens have a valid concern?

Yet, while Mexico has a homicide rate more than five times higher than in the U.S., such sentiments have brought no widespread debate about gun rights, and there is no political push to ease firearm restrictions.

Firearm protection is mostly limited to police, the drug cartels, the military, and the financial elites that can afford security details. This is on our southern border. If the US government instituted the same restrictions in the US, do the gun control advocates think that in the next 50 or so years, we wouldn't have the same situation? 

My friends that live here, and also have homes in Mexico say that when they go back to see family, they make sure to take bribe money, don't drive a car that they can't afford to loose, pray for safety, and a bit of luck. They keep their head down and try to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Again, I am not saying something can't be done. BC's ideas are palpable. But Mexico shows us that tight restrictions don't necessarily mean a drop in homicides. It has emboldened criminals, and the cartels that don't adhere to the laws anyway. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I know it's a huge fucking deal for white people to claim "I'm 7th generation Texan" as if they had anything to do with where they were born.  My mom's family goes back centuries in Texas, Mexico, Israel, Spain, and Portugal.  My father's Germanic heritage goes back centuries to Texas, Illinois, Bavaria, and Austria.  I can move effortlessly through populations given my name, linguistics, and family tree.  I have destroyed lives and legacies of bad people, without every using a gun.  I come as their friend, as a Gringo, as a Latino.  There are multiple people who took their own lives because I willed it so.   

9 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Your rehashed talking points you keep trying to pass off as a "point"?  Yes

I'm not convinced that you know what "rehashed" means. I brought up two laws that were passed/rescinded to make gun access easier since this most recent school shooting, and the Bruen decision which very few understand just how far and wide that will reach. We will soon enough.

I'm also still waiting on your definition of "hardening schools" since, reportedly, some teachers on campus were carrying and all doors were locked. I know you said that you already gave it somewhere, but I'm on a work computer...I don't want to dig too deep into your posting history, lest I accidentally click on another literal Nazi propaganda website. You understand.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm also still waiting on your definition of "hardening schools" since, reportedly, some teachers on campus were carrying and all doors were locked. I know you said that you already gave it somewhere,

Jesus you're a fucking idiot.  This isn't hard.  The shooter planned and formulated attacks on two specific targets.  One was chosen specifically because the other - in her own words, "had too much security".  Start there.  What security did that school have, because it was clearly sufficient to cause a shooter that spent weeks if not months planning and orchestrating an attack.

Everything else you keep vomiting out are just talking points, and the irony, you don't even see it.  

22 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Jesus you're a fucking idiot.  This isn't hard.  The shooter planned and formulated attacks on two specific targets.  One was chosen specifically because the other - in her own words, "had too much security".  Start there.  What security did that school have, because it was clearly sufficient to cause a shooter that spent weeks if not months planning and orchestrating an attack.

Everything else you keep vomiting out are just talking points, and the irony, you don't even see it.  

Convenient way to not engage. Dismiss everything the other side says as "talking points." 

But congrats on not linking to a Nazi website again.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Convenient way to not engage. Dismiss everything the other side says as "talking points." 

But congrats on not linking to a Nazi website again.

When they are talking points, they are treated as such - neither had fuck all to do with this premeditated attack.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

When they are talking points, they are treated as such - neither had fuck all to do with this premeditated attack.

We're talking about nearly unfettered gun access, sweetheart. Which has a little more than "fuck all" to do with most of these shootings, as inconvenient as it is for you to acknowledge.

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

We're talking about nearly unfettered gun access, sweetheart. Which has a little more than "fuck all" to do with most of these shootings, as inconvenient as it is for you to acknowledge.

So you are saying had these bills been passed, they "maybe" they would have had some impact on an incident that you can't quantify, and "maybe" the impact would have been averted.

This is the bullshit I'm talking about - you want this to be about a national gun reduction and registration while completely ignoring that the site was chosen specifically against others because of it's lack of security.  Let's not talk about homicidal, psychological meds all these shooters have been on attacking obvious targets of opportunity.  Let's focus on your real agenda.  This was premeditated over months of planning.  Ban ARs and they use pistols.  Ban pistols and they use shotguns.  Ban shotguns and they use pipe bombs as were found in the bag of a FL shooter.  

This is as stupid a response as tackling obesity by banning McDonalds.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So you are saying had these bills been passed, they "maybe" they would have had some impact on an incident that you can't quantify, and "maybe" the impact would have been averted.

This is the bullshit I'm talking about - you want this to be about a national gun reduction and registration while completely ignoring that the site was chosen specifically against others because of it's lack of security.  Let's not talk about homicidal, psychological meds all these shooters have been on attacking obvious targets of opportunity.  Let's focus on your real agenda.  This was premeditated over months of planning.  Ban ARs and they use pistols.  Ban pistols and they use shotguns.  Ban shotguns and they use pipe bombs as were found in the bag of a FL shooter.  

This is as stupid a response as tackling obesity by banning McDonalds.  

This is an astonishing amount of stupid to squeeze into one post.

18 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is an astonishing amount of stupid to squeeze into one post.

Cute how you still haven't acknowledged that one school was specifically avoided and another sourced in the very words of the shooter because the security was too strong.  

• Hook 'Em 2