2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Rangers selling farm and going all in. Gonna be sweet when Astros knock them off.

The Ranger #4 and #6 prospects have been pulled or scratched from their minor league lineups. The prospect cost will be dependent on how much salary Cohen is willing to eat. 

I wonder if JV is presenting different conditions for the teams trying to trade for him:

Astros: “I’m good, maybe gimme a $50k trade bonus.”

Dodgers: “My vesting option becomes a player option.”

Cincy: “My vesting option becomes a player option and I get a $40M 4th year player option added.”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Rangers trade 2 top 10 org prospects and get Scherzer, Astros trade a top 5 org prospect and get a bullpen arm? 

seems like we got the worst of those two trades.

Apples and oranges 

Edited by TonyTexas

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Apples and oranges 

Maybe. Maybe the Yets just didn’t like the players the Astros were willing to give up, but still. 

We need a starter in the worst way.

ETA: need a couple middle relief guys as well, but starters are almost always more important in my mind.

Edited by lilMAC25

6 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Rangers trade 2 top 10 org prospects and get Scherzer, Astros trade a top 5 org prospect and get a bullpen arm? 

If you're going by MLB pipeline they haven't updated their prospect list since the beginning of the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Who's supposed to be going to the Mets?  I still haven't seen anyone report any names, just speculation.

Just now, WBT said:

Who's supposed to be going to the Mets?  I still haven't seen anyone report any names, just speculation.

Acuna's little brother is one of them apparently. Brock Porter got pulled from his game today in the third inning.

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:
38 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

He isnt a top 5 org guy

Fair enough. The articles I read stated he was. 

40 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Lee wasn't a top 5 prospect in the organization anymore. More like bottom of the Top 20.

• Hook 'Em 2