2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if you believe that list, he's #2 lol.

I would take Gilbert, Clifford, Loperfido, Melton, Arrighetti over him right now, which doesn't even include Derenzo, Barber, and Wagner. Colton Gordon has also had a really good season and pitching is 10X more important than a backup catcher.

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It’s from 6 weeks ago.

Yes, because FG was late with their prospects lists this year. That was their pre-season list because if it was up to date, Brown and Diaz wouldn't be on it because both had already exceeded their rookie status marks.

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Verlander and Raley would be the perfect additions to this roster.  I am prepared to see 3-4 really good prospects go out.  Gilbert and Clifford would be the 2 I would expect to headline and if NY is laying down significant money on JV’s contract then I’m ok with it.

I would also love to get one of those lefty hitters the Cardinals have a plethora of.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, because FG was late with their prospects lists this year. That was their pre-season list because if it was up to date, Brown and Diaz wouldn't be on it because both had already exceeded their rookie status marks.

The write ups are updated with input about 2023 performance. Their updated list still has Lee as a 50 FV, so he wouldn’t have dropped.

It’s one list, not saying it’s infallible, but he hasn’t dropped at all, at least to them.

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If we get JV I want them to throw vogelfat in there as a platoon guy- he’s solve the one hole we have against RHP. 

Lulz, I just looked at his splits. 0-11 with 6 Ks against left-handed pitching, so naturally Dusty would play him exclusively against LHP.

• Haha 2

Twitter now saying the deal is done.  Scherzer plus cash to partially cover his salary for little Acuña.  No 2nd prospect, top ten or otherwise.
Max keeping his option though it looks like too i guess. Texas was trying to swap it into a non option i think