2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

I was just making a point that it seems like hitters are struggling more than usual. I didn't feel like doing a depth look so I just used the statistic that you brought up.

You didn’t make a point. You just threw out nonsense that was irrelevant to the conversation. This isn’t going to get better for you. I guess I am kind of excited that you don’t realize that and you’re going to keep showing up to pull the bookshelf on top of yourself. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You didn’t make a point. You just threw out nonsense that was irrelevant to the conversation. This isn’t going to get better for you. I guess I am kind of excited that you don’t realize that and you’re going to keep showing up to pull the bookshelf on top of yourself. 

we've got a delicate ecosystem going on over here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

At least triple a JP somehow got another quality start tonight. And agree to disagree regarding how that was irrelevant.

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you want to kill a rally, get Jose Abreu and Corey Julks up to the plate as quickly as possible. The only thing that could be more crushing is bringing Martin Maldonado up with men on base. 

Dude you are one negative mf.  Such a beating.  How can this be enjoyable for you.

On 4/5/2023 at 9:01 AM, closetojumping said:

Y'all can archive this and tell me what a fucking idiot I am when nothing changes from Baker and the team is better than 25 and 30 in late May. I'll be happy if that is the case. I actually think 25-30 is an optimistic w/l outlook before JA's return without material behavioral changes from a septuagenarian who was just rewarded immensely for doing what he's doing right now. I like Dusty, but this year ain't that year. Texas opened the 2010 season 3-0 and those of us who were handwringing were told we were being negative and things were the same as they ever were. 

Fun fact the Astros had 39 wins before they got 30 losses so I will call you a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2