2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

It's September 20 and our manager is still tinkering with the line up.
It is what it is.
You can tinker on September 20 when you're up 10 games on the division.

I wonder if there's any sort of thought that these Astros just aren't good at home and so you'd rather have more road playoff games.

15 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

And Dusty has hamstrung himself because he can't pinch hit for Maldy without losing the DH.  We have played so much this season with intentional handicaps.

You can't change the position of player when they pinch hit?  I thought they would swap Diaz to C, staying in the 6 spot, but have Yordan become the DH in the 9 spot if he came in. Is that not an option?

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

You can tinker on September 20 when you're up 10 games on the division.

I wonder if there's any sort of thought that these Astros just aren't good at home and so you'd rather have more road playoff games.

That’s all fine except “more road playoff games” means having to play an extra 3 game series. No way they are purposely trying for that

It doesn't matter, this time ain't doing shit in the playoffs.  The starters have been subpar for months, the defense sucks and the hitting is streaky as fuck.  I look forward to never watching Dusty Baker stumblefuck his way through a game again.

Edited by kevwun
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, WBT said:

So is Urquidy just broken now?

Some regression for the pitching staff was inevitable but I wonder if we're starting to miss Strommy a year on.

We need to fire Dusty as soon as the season is done and hire Strommy as manager. Bring back what made the Astros special. No more relying on idiot decision makers like Bagwell and Dusty. While we are at, Crane needs to apologize to Luhnow and make it right to bring the GOAT back home to Htown.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

You can't change the position of player when they pinch hit?  I thought they would swap Diaz to C, staying in the 6 spot, but have Yordan become the DH in the 9 spot if he came in. Is that not an option?

Nope.  The DH spot is reserved for the pitcher.  Once you move the DH to a position, you forfeit DH and pitchers have to hit for themselves.  

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We need to fire Dusty as soon as the season is done and hire Strommy as manager. Bring back what made the Astros special. No more relying on idiot decision makers like Bagwell and Dusty. While we are at, Crane needs to apologize to Luhnow and make it right to bring the GOAT back home to Htown.

While we're at it, let's bring back A.J., George, Correa, CFM, Yuli, and Marwin Gonzales because why the hell not?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Nope.  The DH spot is reserved for the pitcher.  Once you move the DH to a position, you forfeit DH and pitchers have to hit for themselves.  

Right so you can PH for Maldy with Yordan and move Diaz to catcher in the 6 spot. But the next time the 9 spot comes around, the pitcher has to hit or another pinch hitter.