2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Adam Wainwright? You finally retired, after throwing 82mph fastballs and getting raked all year. 

Dude, you played for 22 straight years. How bout spending some time with your family, or dog. 

Do you really need to be doing color for Fox this soon after your last season? The body isn’t even cold yet. 

Podcast 30- where we put in perspective just how amazing this Astros post season run has been, talk about Carlos correa and what he meant to the Astros franchise and then talk about some blown strategy by Dusty

Spotify:
https://spotify.link/5jNPvAG0KDb

Amazon:
https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/8...-tied-1-1?ref=dm_sh_6qJ4VUrSH6MSXE89otvzYv9U8

apple:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/breathing-orange-fire-a-houston-astros-podcast/id1683955456?i=1000630648920

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are we still doing the whole “why is maldy playing” bit? He’s gonna start more than Diaz like all season and it’s not changing. I don’t get the acting confused and outraged like there was a possibility Diaz would start and dusty will change his mind? 

Nobody is confused by it, except Dusty.

2 minutes ago, APMP said:
1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Why today, in the middle of an ALDS? Timing feels odd even though they're from the pre-Dana Brown regime so their days were probably numbered anyway...

Can’t read the article.

were they officially let go today? Or today is when chandler first heard about it?

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Are we still doing the whole “why is maldy playing” bit? He’s gonna start more than Diaz like all season and it’s not changing. I don’t get the acting confused and outraged like there was a possibility Diaz would start and dusty will change his mind? 

not confused, forever outraged.  Hope this helps.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Want their own people I guess 

I’m guessing like everyone here - brown sold crane on his vision for the new astros in 2025, built around Yordan, Javier and Altuve. He got the green light to install his own people to keep this run going 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m guessing like everyone here - brown sold crane on his vision for the new astros in 2025, built around Yordan, Javier and Altuve. He got the green light to install his own people to keep this run going 

As long as that includes a manager Dana gets to pick. 

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

As long as that includes a manager Dana gets to pick. 

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

for 2025

2024 this team will be loaded and a WS favorite. we need a players manager in 2024, a clubhouse guy. It’s out last run with this core group. Injuries hit his hard this year and we still won the pennant. If we had Altuve and Yordan all year, we’d be a 100+ win team

Edited by tx 3 putt

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

2024 this team will be loaded and a WS favorite. we need a players manager in 2024, a clubhouse guy. It’s out last run with this core group. Injuries hit his hard this year and we still won the pennant. If we had Altuve and Yordan all year, we’d be a 100+ win team

division.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

for 2025

We should probably not fuck up 2024 by having a drooling idiot for a manager so hopefully Dusty is gone. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, dr99 said:

I saw Correa whispering to the batter in the on deck circle

Framber has been a headcase for a while now.

teams are definitely pulling shit to get in Framber’s head whether they have something or not (ex: first base coach patting leg before one pitch but not others).

Framber’s biggest problem was no movement on his 2 seamer yesterday. 

Framber has been a headcase for a while now.
teams are definitely pulling shit to get in Framber’s head whether they have something or not (ex: first base coach patting leg before one pitch but not others).
Framber’s biggest problem was no movement on his 2 seamer yesterday. 

Agreed. Framber needs a shrink badly. Needs to learn how to keep his emotions in check as it really hurts us when he “loses it”. needs to grow up quickly.

31 minutes ago, dr99 said:

I saw Correa whispering to the batter in the on deck circle

"Pollo asado after the game is on me..."

3 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Agreed. Framber needs a shrink badly. Needs to learn how to keep his emotions in check as it really hurts us when he “loses it”. needs to grow up quickly.

He has a fucking shrink behind the plate.  that's the gotdam selling point, ain't it?

4 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

He works closely with the Astros team psychologist, Andy Nuñez. Maybe Crane needs to fire him too. 
https://abc13.com/sports/breathe-smile-relax-how-framber-valdez-learned-to-dominate-on-/12394658/