2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Bullpen: 5 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 8 K.  Get some.

Winning a game when Framber blows up makes me think we're turning a corner here.

Absolutely great night from the bullpen. 
Anyone complaining from a macro perspective about anything pitching related is just doing it to do it. 
Second best run prevention in baseball. 

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Maybe but the overwhelming sentiment about that third year was "idgaf cuz this offense FUCKS!!"

That’s certainly how I thought about it. Especially since Altuve and Bregman are up after next year. Figure now is the time to make hay while the sun shines. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s certainly how I thought about it. Especially since Altuve and Bregman are up after next year. Figure now is the time to make hay while the sun shines. 

I thought more along the lines of your podcast co-host, “Andrew”, and thought Josh Bell should have been the target. Cleveland got him for 2 years / $33mm and he’s only 30.

Andrew seems really smart.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Welch said:

Would be first thanks to St. Maldy, but the pitchers keep making mistakes.

Sincerely,

Dusty

Fucking Hunter Brown.  The way he made 2 mistakes with Maldy catching him in his 6 innings of work after only making 1 all year with Diaz catching him.  What a fucking asshole. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This year plus next wll be a really nice long run compared to most teams.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, cochamps said:

This year plus next wll be a really nice long run compared to most teams.

Almost to the point in time where it's nearly unprecedented.  Jeter's Yanks.  Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz Braves, Kershaw dodgers and Altuve Astros.  

That's it- that's the list of teams realistically competing for WS for an entire decade in my lifetime if the Astros are legit contenders this year and next year.   

• Hook 'Em 1