2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 rookies in the rotation, a rag tag group of players making up the roaster …… TRIPLE FUCK the haters here, dusty and the staff are getting a hell of a lot out of this roster. We’re a day closer to Altuve, brantley, LMJ and urquidy. got to keep it together, keep close to the rangers 

• Hook 'Em 2

Wow!
One of the better throws I’ve seen from CF, but Bregs runs just well enough to be beat the ball. 

Laureano would have hosed him by 6 feet but it was a pretty solid throw

Fun little 15 minutes there
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 games over with no Altuve is about the best we could expect.

I wasn’t counting on much from LMJ and Brantley until the second half so I already mentally wrote them off. 

I do think the Rangers have some staying power, so some nice winning streaks would be welcome. 

Mildly shocking to see the Mariners after .500 after 43 games. 

Angles during their usual implosion thing. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I do think the Rangers have some staying power, so some nice winning streaks would be welcome. 

They are 10-3 against the A's and Royals, besides the Astros they have played 3 teams > .500 and they are 5-5 in those games.

Besides the Rangers, the Astros have played 5 teams > .500 and are 10-5.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

They are 10-3 against the A's and Royals, besides the Astros they have played 3 teams > .500 and they are 5-5 in those games.

Sure, but if they continue to beat up on bad teams and win multiple series against the Astros, they can hang around all season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We should really think about playing better against bad teams

• Haha 2

Just now, Hornsbay22 said:

Confession: left at top of 8th after checking my 50/50.  Double kick in nuts: didn't even get a sparky reaction on radio.

So you're saying the Astros scored 6 runs in 2 innings after you left. Guess who's now required to go to the top of the first inning and only the top of the first inning for every remaining home game?

• Hook 'Em 1