2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Can you really make a playoff run when you have two defensive only players in the lineup?

I am all for a designated-designated hitter. 

Maldy is not a defense only player.

He's ... checks notes.... only a player. Neither offense or defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Playoffs on the line and the Astros go 1-3 against the Royals. Oakland appreciates our help. This team isn't making the playoffs and Crane needs to get destroyed in the media for letting ego ruin the window.

Fuck Crane, Bagwell, Jackson, and most importantly Dusty Baker. This shitty season is completely on those 4 guys.

Playing the 2nd worst team in the majors and losing moves you from 2nd to 6th, a 0.5 game ahead of a team that already has the tie-breaker on you and will likely put this team out of their misery starting on Monday.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Playoffs on the line and the Astros go 1-3 against the Royals. Oakland appreciates our help. This team isn't making the playoffs and Crane needs to get destroyed in the media for letting ego ruin the window.

Fuck Crane, Bagwell, Jackson, and most importantly Dusty Baker. This shitty season is completely on those 4 guys.

And we’ll still probably win the division.

which is why I’m holding the angst until it’s official we wont

but yeah, it’s so hard when we make it so much harder than it needs to be.

• Haha 1

I get the dusty hate. But damn it ain't all on him. Bats do go missing for too long. But these pitchers get smashed daily. Our home record is beyond fucked up. We don't just lose at home, we get whooped. I would hate to see the total runs given up at home compared to what other teams give up.

Pitching has regressed hard this year. Probably the most for any team after winning the WS and bringing back mostly the same staff. 

Feeling gross...got Rangers friends sending me screenshots of standings. 

46 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I get the dusty hate. But damn it ain't all on him. Bats do go missing for too long. But these pitchers get smashed daily. Our home record is beyond fucked up. We don't just lose at home, we get whooped. I would hate to see the total runs given up at home compared to what other teams give up.

Pitching has regressed hard this year. Probably the most for any team after winning the WS and bringing back mostly the same staff. 

that first inning today was a huge kick to the balls. we haven't seen pitching like this in a long time

we'll go as far as our pitching takes us. diaz should have been catching half the games long ago

Edited by tx 3 putt

54 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

pitching regresses when it isn’t coached. It’s not rocket science.

Dusty doesn’t coach baseball. He’s there. He makes gut decisions based on nothing other than ‘isms from the 1960’s and 70’s. 

That’s why he hadnt won a World Series until last year. Bc he makes teams worse.

We won it all last year in spite of him. 
A better manager could navigate the same struggles this year to a 95 win season with their eyes closed. I’m completely convinced.

• Hook 'Em 2