2023 Houston Rockets Offseason Thread - Time to Start Thinking About Winning Again

BigOrange1

46 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Porter arrested for assault and strangulation in NY.  Should have traded him while he has value.  Probably should cut him.  Don’t really need his minutes on this team next year. Particularly if Brooks plays like he did in World Cup.  

Edited by HtownHorn

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm pretty sure if you remove Porter's contract the Rockets will have close to max contract room next year.

i've got them at just a hair over $109 million if they decline the options on green and tate.  cap is $136 million this year so it won't be max cap space but it should be enough to sign a high quality roll player if they want to.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston_rockets/

8 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Porter arrested for assault and strangulation in NY.  Should have traded him while he has value.  Probably should cut him.  Don’t really need his minutes on this team next year. Particularly if Brooks plays like he did in World Cup.  

Traded him when he had value?  He was traded to the Rockets for a 2nd round draft pick not due until three seasons after the trade.  His only value is to a team tanking.  Shit, maybe you're right, under the new salary floor rules maybe there's more of a market for high volume, low efficiency players that are wildly overpaid and can help you lose games.  Touche. 

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Fuck KPJ. Cut his ass now

image.thumb.jpeg.2c58891f4f68c1c9f1a599cb5a219ea2.jpeg

Wow!

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Fuck KPJ. Cut his ass now

image.thumb.jpeg.2c58891f4f68c1c9f1a599cb5a219ea2.jpeg

Lil sis don't fuck around!

According to a police report, officers were called to the hotel around 2:30 a.m. on July 3 for a domestic call. Haskins was taken to a hospital due to a “facial injury he sustained.” Documents showed he told police his wife punched him in the face.

Haskins told a hotel security officer, “I want her out of my room, she hit me and cut my lip open.”

He also lost a tooth in the conflict. An arrest report said when police searched the hotel room, authorities found a piece of a tooth next to the bedroom closet.

https://www.wilx.com/2021/07/15/former-msu-basketball-player-accused-punching-qb-husband-mouth/

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a trade between us, the Clippers and Detroit mentioned. We would Covington, the Clippers would get Bogdanovic, and Detroit would take Morris. There would be picks involved and another player to match the salaries.

Covington would be a nice addition, that doesn't really have a rotation spot on the Clippers right now. Shot 45% and 39.7% BTA the last 2 years.

7 hours ago, goatsaag said:

Yes, the Rockets are going to try to trade his contract. He's not actually going to be in the league but right now he's essentially an expiring contract that's likely to get voided anyway.

Understood. I suppose there will be some shitty contract that someone offloads. Maybe John Wall is available. 

Career .384 BTA and .380 last year. Played 30.3 MPG for the Mavericks last year, including 55 starts. Can play SF or PF. Another vet that can shoot the BTA.

One step closer to waiving Porter, and now the rookies are going to have to earn their minutes.

Guards: VanVleet, Green, Thompson, Hinton

Forwards: Brooks, Bullock, Smith, Eason, Tate, Whitmore, Mayer

Centers: Sengun, Londale, Green, Marjanovic

That's 15 right there.

Edited by HtownHorn

On 10/3/2023 at 3:01 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Curious what this team won/loss record will be. I feel like they’re a 47-35 type team? Or maybe that’s way to optimistic. I feel like if sengun takes a massive leap forward we could be a lot better than anyone would expect.

i think you're 7-10 wins too high but i would love it if you are correct.

The new Rockets look good so far in the 1st half. Ime’s imprint on this team is already evident. The defense has been impressive so far. I fucking love how the Texans and Rockets have great coaches now. Ime is the guy I wanted them to hire and has the attributes that this team desperately needs.