Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’d say I was getting Lehtonen PTSD flashbacks but Lehtonen was never this shitty. 

Maybe Otter isn’t as good as I’ve thought. He’s been simply terrible on multiple occasions in the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Benn and Seguin should retire together this summer. 

Or hit the road

No way you can keep these guys on the payroll and let them keep "leading" these guys. The young guys have been out playing them for 3-4 years.

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Or hit the road

No way you can keep these guys on the payroll and let them keep "leading" these guys. The young guys have been out playing them for 3-4 years.

Seguin is a 3rd line player that is owed $40mn the next 4 years. No one is taking that turd contract unless we include Wyatt Johnston and some other prospects. 

Pretty hilarious though that benn will get 5 and a game and a suspension for a dirty crosscheck on a guy that didn’t miss a single shift. He started the PP on the ice. 

meanwhile dumba puts a player out for an entire 6 game series and it was looked at and determined to be a minor. 

and if the result of the play shouldn’t impact the call, then let’s change the double minor high sticking for any blood. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Maybe Otter isn’t as good as I’ve thought. He’s been simply terrible on multiple occasions in the playoffs.

Otter playing well in the playoffs has been the anomaly. His defense hasn’t done him many favors but he’s had a shit playoffs. 

Edited by Porterhouse

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Pretty hilarious though that benn will get 5 and a game and a suspension for a dirty crosscheck on a guy that didn’t miss a single shift. He started the PP on the ice. 

Doesn’t matter what happened to Stone. Benn should be ejected and suspended. This was dirtier than the Dumba hit; not a hockey play at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure why DeBowers felt the need to change up the lineup tonight unless we had some injuries.

I don't know that I mentioned this back in 2018 during the draft but the Dellandria pick was a fucking reach and he really hasn't done enough to change anyone's mind. He's not Honka bad but Dickinson showed far more far earlier in his career. 
I hope I eat my words in a year or two.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Doesn’t matter what happened to Stone. Benn should be ejected and suspended. This was dirtier than the Dumba hit; not a hockey play at all. 

He got high sticked and went too far to knock Stone down. It should have been 2 minutes, get off the cross.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

No reason to play game 4

... Just embarrassing showing...fans now too

I called the Stars gutless about 10 mins ago, a few replies up. PK Subban, Messier and Chelios dead-on-balls accurate during the intermission report, saying the Stars have played soft this entire series. I’d had enough when I saw Robo skate in on a Vegas player in the corner and basically rubbed up on his back and let him get the puck out. You’ve got to plaster him to the boards.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Dellandrea is terrible. 

lol, are you on bath salts? easiest 5 minute major call of the playoffs. 

The Dumba hit on Pavs should’ve been a game misconduct and probably a suspension. But Benn’s hit was called correctly. He rightly got booted and will likely miss the Stars’ final game of the season Thursday night.

We’’re down to nine forwards now with Domi ejected.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The Dumba hit on Pavs should’ve been a game misconduct and probably a suspension. But Benn’s hit was called correctly. He rightly got booted and will likely miss the Stars’ final game of the season Thursday night.

We’’re down to nine forwards now with Domi ejected.

I don't understand an ejection for Domi. Sure maybe a double minor and maybe a 10 for a misconduct. That Vegas player looked like he took the softest dive he could.
We need Pavs to put the team on his back with 4 goals and Hintz for a GWG.

23 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

He got high sticked and went too far to knock Stone down. It should have been 2 minutes, get off the cross.

Lol. Moronic post. 

15 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I don't understand an ejection for Domi. Sure maybe a double minor and maybe a 10 for a misconduct. That Vegas player looked like he took the softest dive he could.

Bigger question is how Hague got 2 minutes. All he did was get boarded and punched to the face 

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Bigger question is how Hague got 2 minutes. All he did was get boarded and punched to the face 

boarded? he got hit and dove.

but allegedly "chirping" on the way to the box? so I assume 2 minute minor for unsportsmanlike. 

I’m ready to jettison Benn and Seguin despite Benn’s mini resurgence this year. Jim Nill was right years ago and we haven’t seen enough at all. 

Edited by Porterhouse

Just now, dcar00 said:

28 shots to 15 and losing 4-0.

Not that many with any real danger, but still, I never had this slapdick completely outplaying Otter on my Bingo card coming into the series.  Really thought Jake was going to turn it around after that Game 7 but here we are.

Saad has so many pathetic Stars storylines to write about this game not even sure where he begins.  Jake no show (again)?  Benn completely fucking over his team as a fucking captain?  Zero response from team after getting out of that only down 2-0?   Soft play from damn near everyone up and down the ice?     Idiotic drunk fans that should never be allowed back in arena?  What an absolute joke of a game.  In the fucking Western Conference Finals.  Just unreal

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m ready to jettison Benn and Seguin despite Benn’s mini resurgence this year. Jim Nill was right years ago and we haven’t seen enough at all. 

Look at their contracts.  They aren't moveable.  Particularly with no trade clauses they would almost certainly exercise to any shitty team that wanted them.

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Not that many with any real danger, but still, I never had this slapdick completely outplaying Otter on my Bingo card coming into the series.  Really thought Jake was going to turn it around after that Game 7 but here we are.

Saad has so many pathetic Stars storylines to write about this game not even sure where he begins.  Jake no show (again)?  Benn completely fucking over his team as a fucking captain?  Zero response from team after getting out of that only down 2-0?   Soft play from damn near everyone up and down the ice?     Idiotic drunk fans that should never be allowed back in arena?  What an absolute joke of a game.  In the fucking Western Conference Finals.  Just unreal

It’s Vegas’ defenders as much as it is Hill. We get nothing in dangerous areas. They’ve got six defenders as good as — or better — than our best. They’re all like 6-3 and up too. Our team is Charmin soft. It worked against Minnesota and allowed us to survive a 7-game series with Seattle. We need to add some pipe-hitters before next season. I was hoping Marchment might play with an edge but he’s nothing like his old man in that regard. We don’t fucking hit anybody.

Has Roope even played tonight?

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

He must have gotten 10 because he was just out there