NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokic is the best boring as fuck player we will ever see.  Dude is amazing, but what the fuck was he doing trying to snatch the ball away to begin with?  This isn’t soccer, you just can’t grab the ball and inbound it with an opponent sitting on the lap of the guy 2 seats down from Ishbia.  Assuming it’s not Scott Foster, the referee would have given Josh Okogie every chance to reestablish himself into play before the inbound.  The entire sequence seems beyond unnecessary to me.  This thing is probably going 7, as it should.

10 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Welcome back. We missed you after James Harden’s uniquely terrible games 2 and 3.

I was in texas state watching my best friends team get swept 3-0. His pitching staff has an 8.94 era. The bullpen has blown 7 games with at least a 5 run lead (lots of guys hurt) and they are uniquely terrible. 
look, I already said they were losing this series- that’s what happens when he goes up against a team better than him. That’s his entire playoff career. But he’s also scored 30 something like 40 times/ he’s scored 40 more than all but like 4 guys active right now. He beats all the teams he’s supposed to beat. That’s not like a Paul George type resume. Hell- it’s not even CP3 in the playoffs when he’s lost to some teams he was better than. 
how were this series goes people will aggregate his numbers and say he sucks or put it on him. But he’s won them 2 games almost single handedly. That’s way north of uniquely terrible. Regardless of how bad he is in the close out game where they get eliminated (and I fully expect him to be incredibly bad in that game). 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Jokic is the best boring as fuck player we will ever see.  Dude is amazing, but what the fuck was he doing trying to snatch the ball away to begin with?  This isn’t soccer, you just can’t grab the ball and inbound it with an opponent sitting on the lap of the guy 2 seats down from Ishbia.  Assuming it’s not Scott Foster, the referee would have given Josh Okogie every chance to reestablish himself into play before the inbound.  The entire sequence seems beyond unnecessary to me.  This thing is probably going 7, as it should.

Yeah but if you're attending a game and the ball goes out of bounds to you, and a player runs up and wants the ball, give him the ball. He is a part of the game. You are not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Seriously why is he making a b-line to the ball so intensely? Reminds me of the idiot in baseball who sprints from the dugout “look at me, look how intense I am!” If the guy wasn’t holding the ball the ref would hold it to reset for the inbounds since the dude ended up several rows into the crowd. Eithe way fuck Phoenix, not a fan.

Jokic averaging 41.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, 14.0 assists and 63% shooting in Phoenix and losing both games does not bode particularly well for Denver. I'm sure they'll get more role players contribution at home, but what a waste.

Though, I guess Phoenix would be saying the same thing had they lost a game with Booker shooting 97%.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

"No way Booker goes for 45 on 80% shooting again"

See... I told you it wasn't repeatable. He only got *checks notes* 36 on 78%.  Definitely trending poorly for him. Obviously he's hurtling headlong into a massive slump. If this thing goes to game 7, he will probably only be shooting like 70% from the field. Total scrub.

Weirdest numbers for the night: Booker -1, Durant 0, Shamet +15, Landale +16. I feel like Landry Shamet is one of those guys who shows up on on the most hated list of players from your own squad. The Clippers and Nets couldn't unload him fast enough. The Suns fans were booing the shit out of him in game 3 and collectively groaning every time he touched the ball. If he's going to knock down 5/8 in crunch time, you just might have to live with it. Even though on most of those shots there wasn't anyone within 10 feet of him. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Hook 'Em 1

See... I told you it wasn't repeatable. He only got *checks notes* 36 on 78%.  Definitely trending poorly for him. Obviously he's hurtling headlong into a massive slump. If this thing goes to game 7, he will probably only be shooting like 70% from the field. Total scrub.
Weirdest numbers for the night: Booker -1, Durant 0, Shamet +15, Landale +16. I feel like Landry Shamet is one of those guys who shows up on on the most hated list of players from your own squad. The Clippers and Nets couldn't unload him fast enough. The Suns fans were booing the shit out of him in game 3 and collectively groaning every time he touched the ball. If he's going to knock down 5/8 in crunch time, you just might have to live with it. Even though on most of those shots there wasn't anyone within 10 feet of him. 

I gave up trying to sound like I know what I’m talking about after the Gobert trade backfired. That said Jokic is 0-3 when scoring career playoff highs this playoff. Denver’s a different animal at home tho.

I still have no idea where the other 20’phoenix bench points came from if Shamet scored 20 by himself

Probably about right. It wasn’t particularly dangerous he just looked dumb acting like a kid who thinks someone is trying to take his ball away. It’s not like he could just inbound it and keep playing. Doesn’t the ref have to reset for the inbound? It also didn’t look to me like the guy with the ball was trying to keep it away from anyone, it came to him and the suns player ended up on top of him. Just looked really silly.

• Like 1

It was a true WTF moment from jokic and one that makes me think less of him. He got an appropriate provident and that's okay but I think if Draymond has done that there's a definite suspension and people calling for criminal charges. Hell, if embiid did that there would probably be a suspension.

Ishiba was obviously playing keep away from a player, he should get a 1 game ban, not Jokic. If any regular joe did that, they would talk about banning them from the stadium. You don't interfere with the game, dead ball or not. Regular people get thrown out of games for far less. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Probably about right. It wasn’t particularly dangerous he just looked dumb acting like a kid who thinks someone is trying to take his ball away. It’s not like he could just inbound it and keep playing. Doesn’t the ref have to reset for the inbound? It also didn’t look to me like the guy with the ball was trying to keep it away from anyone, it came to him and the suns player ended up on top of him. Just looked really silly.

He could inbound it and keep playing a 5 on 4..

The owner is an ex NCAA player so he was gonna do everything in his power to help his team. Holding the ball while his player gets back up, getting a tech on Jokic with a flop. 

That's maybe a 3 or 4 point swing as a fan you take that all day lol, who cares if someone calls you a bitch. Good luck trying to get a security guard to remove the owner. 

Obviously don't suspend him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Ishiba was obviously playing keep away from a player, he should get a 1 game ban, not Jokic. If any regular joe did that, they would talk about banning them from the stadium. You don't interfere with the game, dead ball or not. Regular people get thrown out of games for far less. 

Laws and rules are for poor people.

It's a grey area interfering with a basketball game... Not so clear cut as the baseball field first row....

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah I think I come out here after watching the replay several times. Ishbia seemed like he caught the ball and was immediately looking at the suns player on the ground when Jokic lumbered over. Obviously he flopped and seems like a douche in general, but I put more blame on Jokic for the incident. 

But glad there was no suspension 

It would be awkward throwing him out of the building he owns by people he employees :)
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

It would be awkward throwing him out of the building he owns by people he employees :)

It should come from Stern. Ishiba knew what he was doing, and it was intentional. That kind of bullshit shouldn't be allowed. It likely cost Denver 2 points by stopping the inbounds. It's not anyone's fault that a Suns player jumped into the stands, the other 9 players don't have to wait for you to get up and get back in the game. Either call timeout or play 5 on 4 for 10 seconds.

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

It should come from Stern. Ishiba knew what he was doing, and it was intentional. That kind of bullshit shouldn't be allowed. It likely cost Denver 2 points by stopping the inbounds. It's not anyone's fault that a Suns player jumped into the stands, the other 9 players don't have to wait for you to get up and get back in the game. Either call timeout or play 5 on 4 for 10 seconds.

Choking Excuse Me GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

And if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. 

12 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

9 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

So why is Lowry coming off the bench for Miami? With Herro out, I'm surprised he isn't starting. And is there any chance Herro comes back soon? 

Is your next question how many points a free throw is worth?

Stern? 

Good fucking God man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Stern?  Should come from Granik. 

31 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

10_GIFs_That_2.gif?auto=format&fit=clip&

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

you can inbound the ball on your own.   they changed that rule a good while back.

20 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Jokic is the best boring as fuck player we will ever see.

no offense but this is the take of a casual. there is nothing boring about his game. not being athletic does not equal "boring as fuck." first off he's the best passer in the game, possibly ever, so that automatically makes him fun to watch. his touch with either hand is the best in the league; he regularly dominates other superstar players who are much more athletic than he is; and he takes shots that nobody else in the game takes, from running 20-foot floaters, to lightning quick finger rolls that hit nothing but net. and he drops triple doubles for sport. nikola jokic is one of the most exciting to watch players in the nba, both today and all time. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Gary Payton being the perfect Warrior bench player even after missing the entire year to injury on a different team--even after barely playing in the first 3 games--is pretty cool to watch. What a pro. Jordan Poole needs to be forced to shadow him all offseason.