NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That a timeout and review failed to reverse the horrible call awarding Butler three free throws when Gordon did nothing but maintain verticality while Butler kicked Gordon in the groin is proof the NBA tries to influence these outcomes.

Total, absolute, unmitigated, corrupt-ass horseshit.

Even if Denver holds on to win, none of the officials working tonight's game should be allowed to do so going forward if the NBA wishes to maintain any integrity.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

What should be a great moment for Denver is instead a dark moment for the NBA because of that call that wasn't overturned upon review. Seriously, utterly infuriating to see such blatant corruption.

It isn't surprising at this point. NBA isn't any different after the ref scandal. He was just the fall guy. They washed their hands with him and told us how legit they are now that he is gone. Scott Foster is just as bad. Then tonight. It was bullshit. Mavs fans got flashbacks from 2006 seeing that bullshit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

It isn't surprising at this point. NBA isn't any different after the ref scandal. He was just the fall guy. They washed their hands with him and told us how legit they are now that he is gone. Scott Foster is just as bad. Then tonight. It was bullshit. Mavs fans got flashbacks from 2006 seeing that bullshit. 

I boycotted the NBA for a couple of seasons after the infamous Lakers-Kings series (until the '03 Spurs title run, so I guess for about a year, not two).

That call and review earlier tonight were so bad and blatant it's got me motivated to take another break. I love watching guys like Jokic and Durant and even Butler ball out, but the entire viewing experience seems tarnished (i.e., artificial) when the league doesn't even try to hide that it's working to influence (or prolong) outcomes.

Anyway, very happy for Nikola and Jamal. Been a huge fan of theirs since 2019. They've worked their asses off and deserve this moment. Glad the league/refs couldn't take it from them.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I boycotted the NBA for a couple of seasons after the infamous Lakers-Kings series (until the '03 Spurs title run, so I guess for about a year, not two).

That call and review earlier tonight were so bad and blatant it's got me motivated to take another break. I love watching guys like Jokic and Durant and even Butler ball out, but the entire viewing experience seems tarnished (i.e., artificial) when the league doesn't even try to hide that it's working to influence (or prolong) outcomes.

Anyway, very happy for Nikola and Jamal. Been a huge fan of theirs since 2019. They've worked their asses off and deserve this moment. Glad the league/refs couldn't take it from them.

Tonight was 100% to keep this game extended and maybe even send this back to Miami for a game 6. It's one thing to make that call in real time but to go review it and stick to it? Cmon now. Without that call, the game is pretty much done there with how much better Denver is. Miami took a little lead and then Denver buried them.

• Like 2

Congrats [mention=1769]Chewbacca[/mention] and all Nuggets fans. I hate that the season is over. Hopefully we can get some Drew League on TV. And honestly I'm tapping in to the W. Fuck the haters. 
Feels real good, man. My entire life they haven't won shit.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

The officiating tonight was absolutely disgusting. I understand letting a few calls go in favor of the team down 3-1 in the series but that was blatant game manipulating by the NBA to try to extend this series to a sixth game. Happy for guys like Jokic and Murray; they deserve the title. The NBA can properly fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Vertuzzi said:

The officiating tonight was absolutely disgusting. I understand letting a few calls go in favor of the team down 3-1 in the series but that was blatant game manipulating by the NBA to try to extend this series to a sixth game. Happy for guys like Jokic and Murray; they deserve the title. The NBA can properly fuck off. 

adebayo/miami defending jokic:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7g8qgp6mo2nd2hkuciw

• Haha 2

congrats to the marijuana tidbits. played the best bball all year. deserve the shit out of this 

the 3 pointer when butler was fouled by gordon's junk may, upon review, may be the most dumb thing I can remember seeing in sports in some time. with a fucking review to watch it. with us all watching it. the nbs needs to be forced to explain that in excruciating detail, use an etch a sketch, like a compass, and some paperclips, tell me how thats a foul please. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1