Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

The Lindberg recruitment is a classic example of a family overdoing it. Familiarity breeds contempt. Dude showed up at a bunch of camps and got run over. He visibly gained 40 lbs between last year and this year and visited the same places. He balked and hesitated before committing long enough for UT to get comfortable with him not coming to Texas. Now he’s headed to a place where he’s buried forever on the depth chart.

My guess is that we’ll do the ol’Where Are They Now examination on this guy in about 5-7 years and he’ll be very happy with his choices, that wound up with him having a kenesiology degree from SFA and he’s now coaching junior high. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Lindberg recruitment is a classic example of a family overdoing it. Familiarity breeds contempt. Dude showed up at a bunch of camps and got run over. He visibly gained 40 lbs between last year and this year and visited the same places. He balked and hesitated before committing long enough for UT to get comfortable with him not coming to Texas. Now he’s headed to a place where he’s buried forever on the depth chart.

My guess is that we’ll do the ol’Where Are They Now examination on this guy in about 5-7 years and he’ll be very happy with his choices, that wound up with him having a kenesiology degree from SFA and he’s now coaching junior high. 

Is he and his family that slow (my dad went to SFA, I respect the place, but...)? I'd think he'd at least get a nice Rice degree.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Is he and his family that slow (my dad went to SFA, I respect the place, but...)? I'd think he'd at least get a nice Rice degree.

He’s going to GA for football. If he transfers out with nothing on his performance resume, it will be to FCS in Texas. He won’t have the classes or grades for something like Rice. He’s at Clear Creek, right? I know Clear Creek. It’s not Bellaire or Memorial in terms of academic rep or profile. 

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s going to GA for football. If he transfers out with nothing on his performance resume, it will be to FCS in Texas. He won’t have the classes or grades for something like Rice. He’s at Clear Creek, right? I know Clear Creek. It’s not Bellaire or Memorial in terms of academic rep or profile. 

He'll get a shot if he tests well enough. He'd have to be top 2% for either ACT or SAT.

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Shit that doesn't have to be a bad choice. UGA is a perfectly respectable academic school. 

6 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Mother fucker, if we had bagmen you would fucking know it.

That's the funny thing about every time that comes up. People make fun of UT for doing less with being the richest program in college football. 

Don't they know that means that if UT made an effort they would absolutely 100% know they were getting fucked hard and good?

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

That's the funny thing about every time that comes up. People make fun of UT for doing less with being the richest program in college football. 

Don't they know that means that if UT made an effort they would absolutely 100% know they were getting fucked hard and good?

You dumbazz sip, Texum aggy is the richest program in college football.  Check the payscale.com average salary for undergrad starting salaries, for Christ sakes.  

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Won't be surprised if Lindy gets cold feet about competing at Jawja and decommits...

Probably returns back to an in-state team...

https://247sports.com/Player/Chad-Lindberg-46047350/  

Edited by LTtxfan

They take Knox, browning, okudah, Wilson (different as Ohio native), dobbins, and others the last few years from Texas that we wanted. 

They get ransom out of Arizona who we may or may not have been in good position with. 

But then we get Robinson and they act like the world stopped turning. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They take Knox, browning, okudah, Wilson (different as Ohio native), dobbins, and others the last few years from Texas that we wanted. 

They get ransom out of Arizona who we may or may not have been in good position with. 

But then we get Robinson and they act like the world stopped turning. 

Bijan is a bigger fish than Lathan. They're worried about Lathan sticking.

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The infatuation with the thousand yard tailback. If we have 2 that each ran for 700 vs 1 that ran for 1000 and one for 400 what’s the damn difference 

and as for the nickname, I think titty bar tommy has more of a ring to it. 

Titman Tom

I wouldn't expect the jorts set to comprehend that brevity is the soul of wit.

4 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Great get guys.  Tip of the hat to you.

Any info on Kevontre Bradford?  Ohio State offered him yesterday.  TIA and gratz again!

I can't tell you anything about his game but it's got to be a bit of a red flag none of the regional schools except Baylor seem to be chasing him very hard ( obviously not including OU, us and aggy as we all either have a 5-star or think they can get one).

Lest you think I'm being haughty, the board is equally squirrelly about a 4-star Oklahoma WR we're after with no commitable OU or Okie State offer.

Edited by texifornia

Nah. Didn’t think that a bit.  He’s an upright runner and a long strider which is fine once you get through the hole but not so good before.  I prefer running backs who have leverage and drive through the LOS.  I can see how his running style could put teams off. 

• Like 1