Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Waaaaaank. You knew this taking the UMich job, dude.

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

I don't think he actually said the SEC. Outlets are adding that part for clicks

Yeah, that 247 tweet and article are very careful not to include SEC within any of the quotation marks. Which makes me think it's clickbait bullshit. I mean we know who he's probably talking about, but it certainly seems right now like he didn't say SEC. And no, I'm not going to read the book to find out.

43 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I don't like Harbaugh, but I like the fact that he is at least talking about the Alabama. LSU,  Georgia, aggy cheating turds.  

He kind of has to as this point. Michigan is not going to play the game. They don’t reside in a talent rich state. They’re going to get butt raped anytime they play a team with speed. He either says he’s a shitty coach or that he can’t get the 5 stars like Alabama because he doesn’t pay

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He kind of has to as this point. Michigan is not going to play the game. They don’t reside in a talent rich state. They’re going to get butt raped anytime they play a team with speed. He either says he’s a shitty coach or that he can’t get the 5 stars like Alabama because he doesn’t pay

He gets some pretty good players without cheating.  He needs to improve his Texas cookie cake game and should tell Durham Smythe's Dad to suck eggs.  

42 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He's got a top 10 class right now. They certainly have the talent to at least not be Ohio State's bitch every single year and Michigan State's every other.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's got a top 10 class right now. They certainly have the talent to at least not be Ohio State's bitch every single year and Michigan State's every other.

Should I feel dirty for rooting for Harbaugh over Ohio State now? Zach Smith and his defenders including Urban and Shelly Meyer should DIAF.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

They are remarkably forthcoming with their effort and subsequent disappointment about Jordan. What a contrast to aggy.

While they may be spoiled and bratty, but they aren’t stupid.  Key difference imo 

Edited by fattyflattie

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Should I feel dirty for rooting for Harbaugh over Ohio State now? Zach Smith and his defenders including Urban and Shelly Meyer should DIAF.

There really is no reason to feel negative towards Michigan. They’re the closest parallel to us in CFB. We’re better against our dirty fucking rival, but that’s about it. They’re up against pure filth in Ohio State (like our OU) and then they have to deal with absurd dipshits that have no business in our realm but they insist they do in MSU (akin to a better version of ATM in every measure).

• Like 4

They’re up against pure filth in Ohio State (like our OU) and then they have to deal with absurd dipshits that have no business in our realm but they insist they do in MSU (akin to a better version of ATM in every measure).

Say what you will about aggy — and believe me, I do — there’s no Larry Nassar situation on their resume.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:19 PM, C-Man said:

Say what you will about aggy — and believe me, I do — there’s no Larry Nassar situation on their resume.

True, but as ctj referenced, Michigan State has a vastly superior athletic résumé to Texas A&M. Football, basketball, and hockey in place of baseball. But even if you compare baseball programs the Spartans have an arguable edge. While they've only been to the CWS a single time, they won 3 games in their only trip there in 1954. So Michigan State has won more games at the College World Series than Texas A&M.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, sushihorn said:

Top 100 national player and the top WR in Alabama chooses Clemson:

https://247sports.com/college/LSU/Article/Clemson-football-recruiting-EJ-Williams-commitment--134733434/

Dabo is building a ridiculously talented class.

https://247sports.com/Player/EJ-Williams-46049986/

Not super high on EJ. It's looking like there were, at most, two more WR slots available in this class, and I would have gone all in on Xzavier Henderson and Arian Smith. Guess we'll see.... 

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Did anyone else watch that HS game on ESPN2 today?  Had Jordan Burch's team and the #1 WR recruit in the country (tOSU signee).  

I thought both looked wildly overrated.

Both are legit talents, who tested off the charts and performed well at camps. Fleming was on the same team as Demas for The Opening, and he showed Demas and aggy what a true game changers looks like. 

Burch is a little more concerning. He looked like hammered dogshit and appeared to be giving minimal effort. A lot of people were telling Burch to transfer for this year in order to be challenged and to take his game to the next level. He didn't look anywhere close to the possible number one overall recruit in that game. 

If you guys got time to kill and want a good read, the Vol nation recruiting board is pure gold right now with the meltdown.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/recruiting-forum-football-talk.293671/page-7473

Kiffin dug the hole
Dooley put in the casket
Butch put the lid on it
Pruitt is shoveling in the dirt

8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If you guys got time to kill and want a good read, the Vol nation recruiting board is pure gold right now with the meltdown.

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/recruiting-forum-football-talk.293671/page-7473

Kiffin dug the hole
Dooley put in the casket
Butch put the lid on it

everytime i see Tennessee sucking that much more. i think of that Juco TE we were working 2 years ago. i giggle my silly ass off. 

hows that shit working for you goofball?

On 9/1/2019 at 7:39 AM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Kiffin dug the hole
Dooley put in the casket
Butch put the lid on it

Should have hired Leach 

• Like 2

On 9/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, Fud said:

Should have hired Leach 

Yep, but Leach is finesse and this is big boy football in the mighty secsecsec! Leach ain't sec ready! 

The Vols have had an inexcusable stretch of horrific HC hires. For a program with the revenue and history that Tenn has, it's absolutely unacceptable to go Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt. What. The. Fuck. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yep, but Leach is finesse and this is big boy football in the mighty secsecsec! Leach ain't sec ready! 

The Vols have had an inexcusable stretch of horrific HC hires. For a program with the revenue and history that Tenn has, it's absolutely unacceptable to go Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt. What. The. Fuck. 

IIRC, their old AD (who was new at the time) was all set to hire Leach, and then Fulmer pulled legend rank to get him fired so he could hire his guy; Richt/Jimbo/Saban protégé who knows how to recruit in the SEC. 

17 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'd have loved to have the manner in which it would have gone awry under Schiano. I don't think it could have been any worse.