Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

5 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Jesus it's like reading aggy

Eh. No worse than any other recruiting board.  Points to Texas 2020 Recruiting Thread. 

I don’t subscribe to those that lose their shit over a recruit or two.  My school has done pretty well in football despite and the recruits they didn’t get.  

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

They do make a point that it does seem like not having a contingent at the camps gave our staff a bit of an uphill battle in some recruitments.

No shit? That shocks me. People on this site were vehement that it was all bullshit that UT didn’t have a strong enough contingent at the Rivals camp and was getting run over for it. Thank God credible sources like random $9.95ers are now giving us the straight dope. 

56 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Lulz. OSU’s time is coming to an end.

OSU has had very good coaches who where repulsive human beings and dirty as sin for all but one year of this century.  I don't see Ryan Day being able to keep up in either of those categories. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

6-7, 5-7, 5-7, 7-6 in consecutive years will generate comments like that.  Also see USC, Michigan, UCLA, Nebraska.

No offense intended.

Sure. Winning at all costs has its benefits.

But I’m not a fan of a piece of shit program with hordes of jort-wearing white trash fans, and I’m ok with that. Standards are a good thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I’d forgotten how delicious Buckeye tears are ha.

Oh, not me. I sat behind one a jorts-wearing, mullet-headed Ohio State Fan at the Fiesta Bowl 10 years ago. Seriously, this guy was like an Ohio State fan from central casting.  Still had bondo stains on his shorts.  He was fairly drunk but mostly quiet for most of the game until they went ahead late. Then he was standing their railing at my entire section of Longhorn fans, yelling "bring it on, bitches."  His tears were like an intravenous adrenaline shot to my heart. 

• Like 2

TCU got a commit from Jimmy Holiday, ATH from Mississippi.  Plays QB in high school but probably a WR.  Offers from Ole Miss, Miss St, and Tenn.  Kinda pumped about this guy because his testing at the Opening was damn good.  4.38 in the 40 and 4.4 shuttle.  Ran for 1,500 yds last season and passed for another 1,500 yds. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

TCU got a commit from Jimmy Holiday, ATH from Mississippi.  Plays QB in high school but probably a WR.  Offers from Ole Miss, Miss St, and Tenn.  Kinda pumped about this guy because his testing at the Opening was damn good.  4.38 in the 40 and 4.4 shuttle.  Ran for 1,500 yds last season and passed for another 1,500 yds. 

Sounds like a guy who is probably better than his rating because ATH. Any worry that he is convinced of the “value” of playing closer to home before signing day?

19 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

Everything about this reads like the type of recruit that's going to give us a shit ton of problems for years to come. The frogs do a good job finding speed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

fuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

Damn. Nice pickup there.  

On 8/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, angelos's frog said:

Reads like *trigger warning*

Ka'Vonte Turpin.

8 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Excellent choice for a 3* DL IMO. I don't know if their coaching staff has remained consistent, but they have developed some good lineman in recent years. 

I don’t know much about them, but I hear that Brick Haley guy can really coach and that Jordan Elliott kid can really play.

Edited by Burt Macklin