Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

And now we watch USC fans learn what it feels like to be the current crippled blueblood (non-Nebraska division):

EBdQ1UoX4AE42MZ?format=jpg&name=smallEBdQ2KeWkAAlFHT?format=jpg&name=360x360EBdQ2pmXYAAahfA?format=png&name=360x360EBdQ3ibW4AYTl-W?format=jpg&name=small

A USC fan saying a recruit’s destination will be determined by on field play this year and feeling confident against UT is quite astounding.

I'm frankly a little stunned they were so confident on Jordan in the first place. I mean, yes, he kicked their tires, but I don't recall ever hearing anyone who I thought knew what they were talking about say anything other than if Texas will take him, he's going to Texas.

Meanwhile, there are evidently still some USC fans who are in denial about the fact that their coach is a dead man walking. Makes sense, of course; they are in denial about a whole host of other problems their university is facing at the moment, too.

43 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

A USC fan saying a recruit’s destination will be determined by on field play this year and feeling confident against UT is quite astounding.

Lol. Texas has slow played Ty Jordan's recruitment focusing on other RB targets first. Jordan, while a great player in his own right, is a luxury take as a scat-back (no German/Japanese) for Texas. Jordan was doing his due diligence and looking around, but he wants to stay close to home and doesn't want to go no damn TCU.

10 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Tough to recruit when you have a coach that's a dead man walking. We saw that with Strong. This is why I was never worried about Ty Jordan. 

He's pulled a 5-star QB and 2 5-star WR in the past year.  Didn't see that with Strong.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

He's pulled a 5-star QB and 2 5-star WR in the past year.  Didn't see that with Strong.  

you don't have to recruit Mater Dei when you're at USC..just like LSU doesn't have to recruit University Lab, Baton Rouge

Edited by CL Horn
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Strong finished with the #7 class in '16. It was the '17 class that went to shit because everyone knew Strong was gone. 

So far USC's '20 class looks a lot like our '17 class. 10 commits and only 2 are four stars. Not to mention USC's top commit (Bryce Young) could very well end up at Alabama. USC's '20 class is  probably going to be worse than our '17 class during the transition year. Assuming Helton sucks this year. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Just look at this class for USC. It's bad.

USC might only land 1 or 2 of the top 15 recruits in California dependent on what happens with Bryce Young and Gary Bryant. 80% of their current commits are 3 stars or worse. I know USC always closes late in the cycle but to be the #60 ranked class this late in the cycle is a major problem. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Just look at this class for USC. It's bad.

USC might only land 1 or 2 of the top 15 recruits in California dependent on what happens with Bryce Young and Gary Bryant. 80% of their current commits are 3 stars or worse. I know USC always closes late in the cycle but to be the #60 ranked class this late in the cycle is a major problem. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89700947147185b8283d4

9 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

i guess he was more of a football guy after all. 

this is the guy we kicked the tires on awhile back who was thought to be a  grade risk/ more interested in basketball,  right?

or has the booze finally rotted my brain?

We did have him in. I don’t recall him being a basketball guy, but I do recall mentions of qualification issue. But those are always nebulous. 

5 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

i guess he was more of a football guy after all. 

this is the guy we kicked the tires on awhile back who was thought to be a  grade risk/ more interested in basketball,  right?

or has the booze finally rotted my brain?

Pretty sure the booze did it’s work a long, long time ago.

youre thinking of the AZ kid. This guy’s from NM. He came in for a visit but is thought to be a grade risk. He’ll be a solid get for them if he can qualify, but if his grades improve, a better school may poach him.

20 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’ll be a solid get for them if he can qualify, but if his grades improve, a better school may poach him.

One never knows for sure, of course, about a commitment's future decisions.  It does seem though he's pretty firm in his commitment.  

He's visited Tech maybe 5 times at this point, has developed a very close relationship with the staff and would be only a couple of hours from home.  Been committed a while now only to just now make it public.

On 8/8/2019 at 11:59 AM, Burt Macklin said:

I’m just glad that the young folks in here are able to experience true frontier football recruiting gibberish.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:44 PM, UDontKnow said:

Lol. Texas has slow played Ty Jordan's recruitment focusing on other RB targets first. Jordan, while a great player in his own right, is a luxury take as a scat-back (no German/Japanese) for Texas. Jordan was doing his due diligence and looking around, but he wants to stay close to home and doesn't want to go no damn TCU.

TCU is done at RB as long as Dominic Richardson sticks.  I'm not sure Jordan was ever a big priority. 

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s exactly the kind of person that would change jobs after 3 months. 

Yep, and he'll be sitting in his 6th job at 28 years old, no longer seeing many great options and whining about how the future sucks for the younger generation because of olds or some such. He's rapidly narrowing his future choices right now, and I find that both predictable and gratifying. Fuck that shitbag.

They think they have a chance at Collins? TCU?  ROFL

And LOL at beating us for Vongor and Coker. We didn't take Vongor because we were busy taking the 3 highest rated safeties in the country.  We had so-so interest in Coker. 

I don't recall what the deal was with club foot. 

Edited by RabidM