Non-Texas recruiting: 2020

Fud

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yep, but Leach is finesse and this is big boy football in the mighty secsecsec! Leach ain't sec ready! 

The Vols have had an inexcusable stretch of horrific HC hires. For a program with the revenue and history that Tenn has, it's absolutely unacceptable to go Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt. What. The. Fuck. 

CQ580aCWEAAixuQ.jpg

15 minutes ago, Scholz said:

CQ580aCWEAAixuQ.jpg

I know it’s a long shot but it would be amazing if irrelevant ut could oust Pruitt and put together a package for Meyer. 

I’m for pretty much anything that results in Meyer not going to USC next year. And with Daniels our for the season, Helton getting fired is all but guaranteed at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Even better, they have two freshman qbs. One is highly recruited Jack Sears and the other, Clovis, a 3*. Helton has tied his job to Clovis and the 5* hit the portal already. Just brilliant maneuvering.

JFC I didn’t even realize that, although to be fair, Ricky Town was higher rated than Darnold and that one worked out well for them.

39 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know it’s a long shot but it would be amazing if irrelevant ut could oust Pruitt and put together a package for Meyer. 

I’m for pretty much anything that results in Meyer not going to USC next year. And with Daniels our for the season, Helton getting fired is all but guaranteed at this point.

Urban Meyer ain't going to no damn Tennessee. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Yeah. Perhaps we should deploy some classic aggy wishcasting to keep it from happening. Think that'd work?

Probably. After Jimbo’s volleyball fiasco, there’s no limit to what rumors on Surly can accomplish. 

In fact, I hear that Urban routinely has prostitutes tie him down and smear Papa John’s pizza all over his body while Zack Smith watches in the corner and reads aloud his angry tweets about Tom Herman.

Outside of the benefit of keeping Meyer out of California and Arizona recruiting, having him basically turn traitor on Florida for Tennessee would be fucking delightful to witness as a college football fan, and another great team in the SEC East would continue to guarantee that aTm isn't winning shit any time soon, even after Nick Saban is assassinated from the sidelines by a coked up Daddy 98 who just can't take it anymore. 

But outside of the obvious reasons, like it being a better job, or easier recruiting, Meyer isn't going to willfully enter into the SEC in its current form because he doesn't have the fucking balls. Outside of his own amoral recruiting decisions,  Nick Saban had no small hand in drop kicking that cunt into a fake heart condition and out of the SEC into easier pastures. It would take Meyer all of 10 seconds to bitch about how dirty everyone he's competing against is when he's used to being the filthiest piece of shit around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Even better, they have two freshman qbs. One is highly recruited Jack Sears and the other, Clovis, a 3*. Helton has tied his job to Clovis and the 5* hit the portal already. Just brilliant maneuvering.

Apparently Helton buried Sears on the depth chart more for political reasons than on-the-field play. There was a strong feeling that he never had a fair shot.

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Huh? Sears was class of 2017 and got beat out by a true freshman (twice). Probably a pretty good chance he sucks.

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sears isn’t a freshman, 2017 class, he’s actually already graduated from USC and planning to grad transfer now. 

Each time something like this happens with Evans, the odds he signs with aggy go up IMO. Jimbo has no fear of taking red flags and aggy is by far the most desperate team of his remaining suitors. I’m not sure there’s much Evans could do to deter aggy.

I’m sure they’re dying to claim they signed the #1 QB, WR, and RB in the state too.

• Like 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Each time something like this happens with Evans, the odds he signs with aggy go up IMO. Jimbo has no fear of taking red flags and aggy is by far the most desperate team of his remaining suitors. I’m not sure there’s much Evans could do to deter aggy.

I’m sure they’re dying to claim they signed the #1 QB, WR, and RB in the state too.

Yep. Don’t care though.  

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would anyone have already paid him?

Almost certainly not, other than to attend camps or something. That isn't the way it works. Of course, there are some really stupid fuckers involved with recruiting at ATM, so I guess that's possible, but he's not acting like that is the case.

23 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'm willing to take ATM as the predictable winner too. I question whether he gets into whichever school with whom he signs though. Beyond getting in, I feel like he's going to cause more harm than good at any institution that takes him in, at least initially. This guy is careening towards the edge of the career cliff at an early age. So, yeah, there will be some serious fucking PR chest-puffing in this cycle by signing Evans, the Crypt Keeper, and Dumbass. It's a classic aggie win, though. Iron Pyrite is easy to hold, but really hard to swallow.

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's a classic aggie win, though. Iron Pyrite is easy to hold, but really hard to swallow.

Thought for sure you were going to go with if iron sharpens iron, what does stupid sharpen? Seems moronic that a bunch of guys that can't play team ball in high school are recruited to play college ball. Besides, I thought Evans was concerned about playing behind a good line. 

Just now, Mdhorn said:

Thought for sure you were going to go with if iron sharpens iron, what does stupid sharpen? Seems moronic that a bunch of guys that can't play team ball in high school are recruited to play college ball. Besides, I thought Evans was concerned about playing behind a good line. 

His mom also said he could be a lawyer or rock surgeon or something. 

Did his own bro disconnect from him as well?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Curious about that also.

It seems like he really got flaky between his Jr and Sr. year.

I don't remember him being this much of a problem during his Jr. year when his brother was kind of a spokesman or something like that.  

12 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Curious about that also.

It seems like he really got flaky between his Jr and Sr. year.

I don't remember him being this much of a problem during his Jr. year when his brother was kind of a spokesman or something like that.  

The same brother that aggy accused of being his handler and looking for a bag.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

The same brother that aggy accused of being his handler and looking for a bag.

I guess so. 

Maybe I just wasn't paying that much attention,  but I don't remember him as goofy as he is now until the summer after his Jr. season. 

IIRC, their old AD (who was new at the time) was all set to hire Leach, and then Fulmer pulled legend rank to get him fired so he could hire his guy; Richt/Jimbo/Saban protégé who knows how to recruit in the SEC. 

Finebaum on ESPN last week (a Tenn grad) said that the University President nixed the Leach hire. Finebaum hates her.

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

Leach would have recruited well and forced the SEC East to come out of the stone age on offense.

Uh..,yeah...I’m going to have to disagree with you there. Leach is a great coach, and he would absolutely shock life into the SEC East’s penchant for offensive shittery, but he has never been considered a plus recruiter. At the same time, he doesn’t need to be to be successful. He gets people that fit his offensive system and it works. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Uh..,yeah...I’m going to have to disagree with you there. Leach is a great coach, and he would absolutely shock life into the SEC East’s penchant for offensive shittery, but he has never been considered a plus recruiter. At the same time, he doesn’t need to be to be successful. He gets people that fit his offensive system and it works. 

He recruits to his offensive scheme and leaves his D coordinator to suck wind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

SEC PTB forced Mumme and Leach out of the conference more than 20 years ago specifically so they could evade change.

Didn’t stop no less a soiled diaper of a program than Kentucky football to put up big enough offensive numbers to get their qb drafted #1 overall before they were gone. 

5 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Props for a trepanning joke. Don't know about his brother but potentially, their highest recruits won't be all district this year.  

15 hours ago, Fud said:

IIRC, it was due to Fulmer’s lobbying 

The entire clusterfuck began when the AD ostensibly hired Greg Schiano, who has labored under the suspicion of covering-up the sick doings at Pedo St.  Clay Travis, the self-styled Sean Hannity of Fox Sports Radio, swung for the fences in self-promotion by working the Vol fanbase into a lather over the hiring, and threatening to get the AD fired if Schiano's offer-contract wasn't rescinded.  He created such a media storm that the school president became involved.  Enter Fulmer.  At this point, the AD was dead man walking even if he delivered Saban.  The potential Leach hire was greeted with praise and excitement everywhere but Fat Phil and the president.  Fulmer ascends the shaky throne. Enter Pruitt.  Unpower moves. 

On 9/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, closetojumping said:

Evans seems like a real piece of shit. I'm betting on total flameout and will be mildly surprised if he even goes to college straight out of HS.

Maybe he'll be great, but from where we're standing, I glad we've got Bijan.