2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Tennessee transfer Tyler Baron expected to visit Texas

Hank South (Horns 247)

"Earlier in the day, 247Sports' Chris Hummer reported that there was mutual interest between Texas and Tennessee edge transfer Tyler Baron. Hummer stated a visit could be in the works, and Horns247 has now learned that visit is expected to take place this upcoming Saturday, according to a source."

Spoiler

Tennessee transfer Tyler Baron expected to visit Texas

Hank South (Horns 247)

Earlier in the day, 247Sports' Chris Hummer reported that there was mutual interest between Texas and Tennessee edge transfer Tyler Baron. Hummer stated a visit could be in the works, and Horns247 has now learned that visit is expected to take place this upcoming Saturday, according to a source.

The Knoxville native is rated the No. 5 edge rusher and No. 22 overall prospect, per 247Sports. In addition to interest in Texas, Hummer noted Alabama and Ole Miss as two other programs to watch.

The Longhorns are also in play for UTSA edge transfer Trey Moore, who is expected in Tuscaloosa this upcoming weekend after visiting the Forty Acres last weekend. The Longhorns are trending on the Crystal Ball for Moore. Horns247 is told it's not out of the question that Texas takes two edge rushers in the Transfer Portal.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Baron tallied 28 tackles, including 10.5 tackles for a loss, and six sacks this season. 

RELATED: Top ranked players in the Transfer Portal 

For his career on Rocky Top, Barron racked up 101 tackles, 27 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks.

He has one year of eligibility remaining. 

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Holy shit, Wasserman put up up the mea culpa, which should have been the end of it (along with the deletion of the story), but he actually tried to make some mind-bending edits and keep it published… as the entire fucking premise of his hit piece had been torn to shreds by the truth.

Now, there’s some Frankenstein’s Monster-report really struggling to make sense (other than he had to meet his weekly quota of words?).

It’s a low moment for The Athletic, I wonder if they have an ombudsman/oversight panel to review such an attack of proper journalism. 

Wasserman completely fucked up, should have taken the loss (delete and apologize) but he tried to salvage the unsalvageable. 

Bianco shouldn’t let this drop.

Wasserman is an idiot. He was one of the guys insisting last spring that one of QE and Arch would transfer before this season. Completely oblivious.

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Holy shit, Wasserman put up up the mea culpa, which should have been the end of it (along with the deletion of the story), but he actually tried to make some mind-bending edits and keep it published… as the entire fucking premise of his hit piece had been torn to shreds by the truth.

Now, there’s some Frankenstein’s Monster-report really struggling to make sense (other than he had to meet his weekly quota of words?).

It’s a low moment for The Athletic, I wonder if they have an ombudsman/oversight panel to review such an attack of proper journalism. 

Wasserman completely fucked up, should have taken the loss (delete and apologize) but he tried to salvage the unsalvageable. 

Bianco shouldn’t let this drop.

Ari is dumber than Pate, but more likable. His gambling reaction takes are pretty damned funny. The Athletic should pay him to talk, not write.

There. I said something nice about him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, chad.ihrig said:

Are we bringing in Baron as a Moore insurance policy? Too lazy to look up which we would rather have.

He’s not in the portal and it’s a complete waste of time to talk about guys who are not in the portal nor have they even been rumored to be entering

12 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

We're on commitment watch but Golden didn't make the visit. So the secret visitor is the commit or was there someone else visiting as well?

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Or, hear me out here, Eric Nahlin is completely full of shit and made something up without getting corrected by his sources because he doesn't have any good sources

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It’s one thing to report a visit is going to happen before the fact - quite another to report the visit is going great when it’s not even happening. 

Fair. Although it’s tough to tell from Nahlin’s original wording if he was trying to say he was on campus or not. Was super vague.

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

He’s not in the portal and it’s a complete waste of time to talk about guys who are not in the portal nor have they even been rumored to be entering

He is literally in the portal.

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/tyler-baron-enters-transfer-portal

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

If you don't look like a Heisman candidate in your first two college starts where you're stepping in for the injured starter, you'll never amount to shit. 
Nobody ever changes or improves.
Yes, that Bo Nix kid will never amount to anything and Bama will never win a non-cupcake matchup with Milroe.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lol lol lol ... 

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

The mystery visitor that we wrote was visiting campus today happened to be South Carolina wide receiver transfer Juice Wells.

In speaking with sources throughout today, Horns247 is told that the visit did not take place due to a cancellation. As things currently stand, I’m not sure if the visit will be rescheduled.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Lol lol lol ... 

The mystery visitor that we wrote was visiting campus today happened to be South Carolina wide receiver transfer Juice Wells.

In speaking with sources throughout today, Horns247 is told that the visit did not take place due to a cancellation. As things currently stand, I’m not sure if the visit will be rescheduled.

Bobby said this morning the Juice visit was not going to happen lol.

Thursday night recruiting notes

Spoiler

Thursday night recruiting notes

— Houston wide receiver transfer Matthew Golden was originally expected to make it to campus today for a visit.

In talking with a source near the recruitment, I’m told that Golden has postponed his visit that was set for today and instead he’ll be on campus this weekend.

Golden’s family not being able to make today's visit was the reason for the postponement. The visit being scheduled for the weekend makes it much easier for family to accompany him on the trip, whereas if the visit was to have taken place today he would’ve been alone.

That said, I still feel great about my 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction entered in favor of Texas to land Golden.

For those that are curious, the Texas staffers that met with Golden in Houston yesterday included Steve Sarkisian, Chris Jackson, and Texas Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris.

— The mystery transfer portal visitor that we wrote was visiting campus today happened to be South Carolina wide receiver transfer Juice Wells.

There’s a boatload of high-caliber wide receiver talent currently in the transfer portal and every source I’ve spoken with over the last few days has made it very clear that the Texas staff views Matthew Golden as their No. 1 wide receiver target.

There’s a ton of moving parts due to the transfer portal, NIL, and early signing day approaching and with the Longhorns trending to land what is their No. 1 wide receiver target in Golden, it makes sense that the visit was canceled.

Texas is viewed as one of the best destinations in the transfer portal and with that being said there are plenty of players who have Austin, Texas as their preferred home. On the same note, the Longhorns have only so many spots and are forced to be selective with who and how they decide to bring in new players to build the program for the future.

— According to a source, Texas safeties coach Blake Gideon was in AT&T Stadium last night for the 2A-DI State Championship game between Timpson and Tolar.

Timpson five-star ATH and Texas A&M commit Terry Bussey stole the show as he won offensive MVP en route to leading his Timpson squad to a 49-7 victory.

Bussey spoke with the media after his latest classic performance and said that he’s planning to sign his national letter of intent in February. Bussey also mentioned the desire to take visits to Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, and USC before signing in February.

I'm unclear of Texas' current interest level in Bussey, but with the five-star being committed to Texas A&M and three other schools already in the mix in some form or fashion, Texas has a lot of work to do if they’d like to have a shot at landing the nation’s No. 1 ranked athlete prospect.

Lol lol lol ... 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Lol lol lol ... 

Our 9.95ers are dumb as hell.

And why the hell would this need to be a secret anyways. Wells is openly in the portal and openly taking visits.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Our 9.95ers are dumb as hell.

And why the hell would this need to be a secret anyways. Wells is openly in the portal and openly taking visits.

Its possible Texas is the one who wanted to keep the visit secret.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Lol lol lol ... 

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Lmao at the 9.95ers throwing shit all over themselves.

I don't pay for f*ckin shit, other than Burnt Ends ... but I've read a lot of f*ckin words about a lot of f*ckin kids going to a lot of f*ckin places to F*ck around, and best I can tell, nobody went any f*ckin where to do any f*ckin thing and didn't find out f*ckin shit.

So where does that leave us? F*cked!!!

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.