2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

The democrats have no balls and are too afraid to lose instead of just saying fuck it, we’re going to swing for the fences.

This mentality on the Republican side is what gave us Donald Trump.  Trump noticed the weakness on the right and exploited the fuck out of it.  No one gave Trump a chance to become president because he was so overtly unqualified.  

He was qualified enough to own all the dark things about the Republican voters and he managed to overthrow the entire party.  Perhaps if the Republicans didn’t pussyfoot and had some real ideas with convictions, Trump could have been avoided.

This notion that, “we shouldn’t run a women because she doesn’t play well in these areas” is almost as offensive as it is foolish.

Democrats need to own who they are and what they stand for in 2020, full stop. 

If they’re afraid of losing to Donald Trump, they shouldn’t even be playing the game.

/rant

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The democrats have no balls and are too afraid to lose instead of just saying fuck it, we’re going to swing for the fences.

Perhaps if the Democrats and Republicans didn’t pussyfoot and had some real ideas with convictions, Trump could have been avoided.

The Democratic candidate needs to own who they are and what they stand for in 2020, full stop. 

I added the parts in italics (why is below), but these three things. 

The Republican/Democratic brand were - and still are - shit.  We had 20 Republicans running on the Republican brand and a Democrat running on the Democrat brand.  They lost because Trump ran on the Trump brand. 

Every other candidate made the same talking points parroted on Fox or CNN every night.  It comes across as weak and ungenuine.  Look at the SNL version of Clinton - "I'm not sure where I stand, but where do you want me to?"

Despite lies and flip-flops numerous times, Trump was seen as genuine because his ideas were emphatically his.  Trump was making the points that no one else was making in the public arena.  But it is the kind of talk heard around the toolbox, workshop, and union hall.

So, yeah, Democrats need a candidate with some balls that doesn't pussyfoot and owns who they are.  But I don't think that'll work if they are generic Democrat #4.  They need some freshness.

Edited by JBJ

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Trump was making the points that no one else was making in the public arena.  But it is the kind of talk heard around the toolbox, workshop, and union hall.

Funny how that happened.  It’s almost like Trump was blogging for zerohedge and true pundit years before he ran.

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Despite lies and flip-flops numerous times, Trump was seen as genuine because his ideas were emphatically his.

No, if the first part of your sentence is "(d)espite lies and flip-flops numerous times" then the only explanation for someone being seen as genuine is that the person seeing them that way is an idiot. Full stop.

Workers don't read that stuff. 

They know that Jose making $13/hr is a shitty welder, and it's going to make them look bad.  They know that they can't cash their winning stratch-off because they have a warrant in Travis County.  They know that moving a factory from Ohio to Mexico is fucked up.  They know that 5 years ago they did their job in a better way before some pedantic, khaki-wearing 20 year-old told them they couldn't.  They know that they can't afford to sue their union to get their pension turned back on.

11 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Workers don't read that stuff. 

They know that Jose making $13/hr is a shitty welder, and it's going to make them look bad.  They know that they can't cash their winning stratch-off because they have a warrant in Travis County.  They know that moving a factory from Ohio to Mexico is fucked up.  They know that 5 years ago they did their job in a better way before some pedantic, khaki-wearing 20 year-old told them they couldn't.  They know that they can't afford to sue their union to get their pension turned back on.

That’s a kinda bullshit generalization and I know it from first hand experience.  I would have 50+ year old warehouse workers tell me all kinds of crazy shit about Obama, Hillary, Sharia law, and Mexican invaders that I knew they weren’t getting from Fox News.  

Not sure if it was coming from Limbaugh, Jones, or somewhere else but all these outlets would echo the same hateful rhetoric leading up to the election years in advance and the boomers fell for it hard when Trump showed mirroring the same lies they’ve been fed years before.

Those are all actual conversations I had with workers circa 2016.  The guy who had his pension turned off was literally crying.  His whole crew turned in their papers afterwards, and one of those was the union rep.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

On August 6, 2018 at 3:22 PM, FondrenRoad said:

And she would have won anyway had she campaigned in the Midwest. 

You can't possibly know that. We can't know how all the variables from the twenty years of character assassination from the right to Russian meddling to her campaign strategy to Comey's interference combined to cost her the presidency. I'd be willing to bet that she'd be the president if Comey would've just kept his fat fucking Republican mouth shut (or announced that Trump was under investigation). But I can't know that for sure either. 

11 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Avenetti for president is almost as stupid as Trump.  Almost.

Yeah, we don't need another president who has never held public office nor served his country in any way. Trump needs to be the historical exception, not the start of a new norm. Run for congress first, Michael.

I like Elizabeth Warren and think she'd make a good president. She has the appeal of Bernie without being so radically far left. She'd be harder on Wall St. than Hillary and she's a much better communicator. I would like to see a Warren/Booker ticket. 

But I agree that it's probably not the time to run another female candidate. I don't know what role misogyny played in Hillary's loss either. Thinking strictly politically, the Dems would probably be better off nominating a white man and teaming him with Warren or Booker for VP. 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:47 AM, Message Board User said:

Avenetti for president is almost as stupid as Trump.  Almost.

he's got the ALL CAPS perfected. But seriously though, his law firm's tax scandal will be the 300lb anchor around his neck, causing his demise in week 1 of any campaign. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

I remember thinking something similar about someone else about 3 or so years ago...

If you're talking about Trump, that would only make sense if Avenatti was going to run as GOP. The Dems and the GOP are completely different animals.

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

No shit.  It's not that difficult - ticket should be Hickenlooper/Harris and it's a landslide.  Make it so.

Seriously, this. Be the party that returns us to sanity with a moderate option to stop the shit show. We are one bad nomination away from permanent idiocracy.

2 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Seriously, this. Be the party that returns us to sanity with a moderate option to stop the shit show. We are one bad nomination away from permanent idiocracy.

No man. You're getting Oprah. Followed by the Rock and Justin Timberlake who will both do alright, all things considered. Then that's followed by a string of former Disney whores as they turn 35. First Miley Cyrus, then Demi Lovato if she stays alive, and then Ariana Grande who gets the Bieber amendment passed to allow naturalized citizens to run.  Then we have our final President, Justin Bieber. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

On 8/15/2018 at 12:39 AM, FondrenRoad said:

No man. You're getting Oprah. Followed by the Rock and Justin Timberlake who will both do alright, all things considered. Then that's followed by a string of former Disney whores as they turn 35. First Miley Cyrus, then Demi Lovato if she stays alive, and then Ariana Grande who gets the Bieber amendment passed to allow naturalized citizens to run.  Then we have our final President, Justin Bieber. 

comacho_1024x1024.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, FondrenRoad said:

Just making sure I got it right:

2020: Oprah v. Trump (inc.)

2024:  Oprah (inc.) v. Donald Trump Jr.

2028:  The Rock v. Donald Trump Jr.'s 2nd try.

2032:  JT v. Donald Trump Jr. (inc.)

2036: JT (inc.) v. Eric Trump

2040:  Miley v. Ivanka

2044:  Demi v. Ivanka (inc.)

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Have we ever had a president with Italian heritage?  I mean, I know there's no 100% or even 50% Italian presidents.  But anybody have like a quarter in 'em?  

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you even greasy Mediterranean people, bro?

bcf.png

President -> First Lady -> 2nd husband after JFK died -> Greek = president with Italian heritage.

Just checking.

Edited by Js1

53 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Have we ever had a president with Italian heritage?  I mean, I know there's no 100% or even 50% Italian presidents.  But anybody have like a quarter in 'em?  

The Vatican has used up the world's Italian quota on the popes.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

lmao.  Did you know Germany is communist?

Warren would be my choice at the top of the ticket, given my present knowledge and feelings.

She offers the best prospects(although not great) for addressing health care, campaign reform, fair taxation, and the environment and is the complete opposite of what we have now.

I saw an interview she did with Seth Meyer and was disturbed by how she dodged his question regarding democrats also being beholden to Wall Street/ Goldman Sachs by simply pointing out Trumps admin corruption with such. Granted Seth Meyer is not "Face the Nation", but this shit is not going to change until we get some politicians that actually work for us. But right now we need to stop the bleeding.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:39 AM, FondrenRoad said:

Meanwhile, in Parallel Time, David Selby aka Quentin Collins of the original Dark Shadows has parlayed his Lincolnesque demeanor into a so-far successful presidency.

darkquentin.jpg